Meeting between RST and Murray

Guest trueblue72
I have never understood the aims of the RST. Through their comments in the printed press, on the radio and internet I've always found them to be nothing short of an embaressment. They have attacked our club and chairman more than they have shown support. They have fallen short in their defence of our fanbase at key moments over the past few years. In fact, all they seem to have achieved is a capabilty to be heard as a self-proclaimed representation of Rangers fans as a whole. Trouble is, that most of what they say does the image of our club and it's support no good whatsoever. They appear to court controversy time and time again, purely with this single aim in mind and give no thought for the damage they are doing in the process. I for one would be delighted to see the end of this group of jumped up wanabee dictators.

Funny - you have just described Murray and Bain to a tee.

For anyone to say that "They have fallen short in their defence of our fanbase at key moments over the past few years" is laughable.

Funny - you have just described Murray and Bain to a tee.

For anyone to say that "They have fallen short in their defence of our fanbase at key moments over the past few years" is laughable.

That was my thoughts as well after reading the post above. Well said.

I would agree that I expected more of a retaliation from the club (or Murray and Bain as you put it) at times. However, if they had taken anywhere near the sort of stance (if you can call it that) that the RST has taken on certain issues, then I really WOULD see cause for concern.

Guest Arnold
I would agree that I expected more of a retaliation from the club (or Murray and Bain as you put it) at times. However, if they had taken anywhere near the sort of stance (if you can call it that) that the RST has taken on certain issues, then I really WOULD see cause for concern.

But there is pretty much no retaliation from the club whatsoever unless criticism is personal and aimed at David Murray.

A journalist made a joke about the Ibrox disaster and the club did and said absolutely nothing. The guy that wrote it will still get into Ibrox for nothing, get to sit in the press box and get his tea and biscuits at half time. You, as a paying supporter, get treated like crap.

The Trust hasn't always got it right but they've done far more than the club when it comes to defending the support.

Hey don't get me wrong. As far as the press (or mhedia) are concerned I've no doubt whatsoever that the RST have been constantly missquoted, but then that's the issue really - THEY HAVE NO AGENDA OTHER THAN BEING HEARD. They consistently make a fool of themselves and as a result ...ALL OF US.

While the other lot would have you think that Murray & Co. have a mafia-like grip over ALL that you see & hear in this country, it couldn't be further from the truth. That kind of talk is AT LEAST a decade out of date and meanwhile our club is doing what it can to maintain it's dignity (preferably ON THE FIELD) and if that means holding you're f**ing toungue then so be it.

At the end of the day, you can't fight guerilla warfare by 'conventional' means ;)

Does that mean we should fight fire with fire ...f**ed if I know. What I do know is that I don't want to be labelled as paranoid scum like 'others' were in the past.

Guest Picadilly Square

Never mind Murray defending the Fanbase! What about the millions of pounds he steals from the Club? You know over the last 20 years?

Never mind Murray defending the Fanbase! What about the millions of pounds he steals from the Club? You know over the last 20 years?

I'm sorry - as much as I am a critic of SDM (and he knows this personally), I will not have unsubstantiated crap being posted.

Much of SDM's tenure is open to debate and criticism but I sincerely doubt he has 'stolen' from the club.

Let's keep the allegations sensible and backed up with real evidence please.

:)