Meeting between RST and Murray

Personally i think he has being doing a reasonable Job of late. I suppose some may think the story about the sale of the Albion for a pound to his son, borders on stealing. I don't know if i believe that story anyway as i don't see the inland revenue accepting that. I am pretty sure you cannot just filter away assets for no return. Craig will probably know more about that.

You seem to be mistaking challenging him for always having a go at him.

Having one person in charge with no one to question or challenge him is very dangerous. His word is final and he can do whatever he likes.

Whenever a decision is made at the top, the fans SHOULD question and challenge the details to make sure we're happy with it, rather than being spoon fed everything and just taking it.

It doesn't mean constant criticism. It doesn't mean saying he's a **** or labelling him a problem. It just means challenging ideas to make sure plans for Rangers are the way they should be as far as we, the supporters, are concerned.

I agree that he has to be challenged but I see no need to take an antagonistic position all the time. I think there is a lot to be said for being a lot more collaborative as well as properly negotiating divided issues.

If we're going to criticise him, it has to be fair criticism also with offered solutions and alternatives rather than just saying he's wrong.

A lot of the very recent criticism on here has not been totally fair in my opinion and SDM certainly seems to be able to do no right in some fans' eyes.

I'd like SDM to be judged by his actual actions and not just prejudged by entrenched negative opinion.

It is possible to be a skeptic without being a cynic.

Personally i think he has being doing a reasonable Job of late. I suppose some may think the story about the sale of the Albion for a pound to his son, borders on stealing. I don't know if i believe that story anyway as i don't see the inland revenue accepting that. I am pretty sure you cannot just filter away assets for no return. Craig will probably know more about that.

It can still be done - the Revenue would force you to pay tax though based on a true market value.

If the club owned the Albion and included a 1 quid sale on its tax return then that could be construed as tax evasion (not good). However, what would more than likely be the case is that the tax accountants for the club would include an arms length market value as the "sales price" which means the Revenue get their share....

That is a simplistic approach, there are other ways that these things work too.

It can still be done - the Revenue would force you to pay tax though based on a true market value.

If the club owned the Albion and included a 1 quid sale on its tax return then that could be construed as tax evasion (not good). However, what would more than likely be the case is that the tax accountants for the club would include an arms length market value as the "sales price" which means the Revenue get their share....

That is a simplistic approach, there are other ways that these things work too.

Yip that is what i thought. It would still be cheap as chips though.

I have never understood the aims of the RST. Through their comments in the printed press, on the radio and internet I've always found them to be nothing short of an embaressment. They have attacked our club and chairman more than they have shown support. They have fallen short in their defence of our fanbase at key moments over the past few years. In fact, all they seem to have achieved is a capabilty to be heard as a self-proclaimed representation of Rangers fans as a whole. Trouble is, that most of what they say does the image of our club and it's support no good whatsoever. They appear to court controversy time and time again, purely with this single aim in mind and give no thought for the damage they are doing in the process. I for one would be delighted to see the end of this group of jumped up wanabee dictators.

Could you tell me ANY other group inside or outside our Club who've defended the fans against lies and slurs in the media ?

When was the last time St David of Murray said a good word on our behalf ?

Jesus Christ ! Talk about bending over for a shafting !

When was the last time St David of Murray said a good word on our behalf ?

I guess that would be roundabout the time he paid for our away trips in Europe last season.

Of course he then had that thrown back in his face with the cost of the home games. Not to mention the missbehavin :brick:

There's just no pleasing some folks :ffs:

Could you tell me ANY other group inside or outside our Club who've defended the fans against lies and slurs in the media ?

...Jesus Christ ! Talk about bending over for a shafting !

Like I said before, it's no longer about defending the fans or fans defending themselves ...it's gone way beyond that!!

Anyone who tries to defend Rangers fans in the media ATM is on a hiding to nothing. They'll just be missquoted and made a fool of.

In this case you really need to show a bit more tact. Wake up!! :ffs:

That brings me onto another point about the RST....

If some of those who've resigned are complaining about a 'more militant' approach, I wonder what they mean by this?

As far as I'm concerned, I hope it means that some folks are going to get a taste of their own medicine. The fact is that half this RST lot don't even realise the age we're living in. How politics and politicians conspire against us ; How the media has evolved with new technology ; How easy it is to make a group of people, be it the minority or the majority, look bad in the eyes of the population.

I just hope it's not more of the same, because IMO the RST have been sadly ineffective so far.

UCF - are you an RST member ? If so you should consider putting yourself forth to be elected to the Board - that way you would get more, possibly, of a say in how the RST tackle all these issues which you believe they have been ineffective in doing so thus far.