Meeting between RST and Murray

If you read the statement from the RST resigned members then SDM had nothing to do with the demise of RST (though I am sure he isnt too upset about it.......) - rather it was a power struggle and certain people being egotistical as to their own perceived importance.

Shame really as the RST WAS (definitely past tense) doing some sterling work. Shame on those who caused its demise too.

I think Andrew_2010 is spot on. The keyboard hardmen on FF have been getting away with murder for far too long. I too have experienced some of the less savoury elements of that board for daring to have an opinion which doesn't conform to their views. If the RST is now just an instrument for the FF masses then it's a sad day.

I didn't realise a website(FF) had so much pull amongst the Rangers support. After hearing that Murray is angry what is said on FF and Kenny Miller saying he had read on the internet that the Rangers fans don't think he is good enough, i suppose these guy's do nose around on these sites.

Guest Arnold
You are not allowed to say anything discriminatory about SDM or Bain on FF. Don't believe me? Try it.

For real? :sigh: What happens if you try it?

There has been a major problem amongst Rangers fans for years in that only one big site is shouting about and challenging David Murray and that site is run by someone who is pretty much in the chairman's pocket.

If a dozen bigger Rangers sites challenged Murray (and the press lies etc.) on a regular basis instead of Bears sitting behind closed doors on messageboard fighting and arguing with each other, I bet we'd see action.

Is it really necessary to spend all our time challenging Murray - and for what exactly?

I was one of his biggest critics when he was managing the club badly and took us into a huge burden of debt, but that era seems to be over and he's not exactly been running the club into the ground lately.

Are we talking here about constructive criticism when he does something wrong or just continually slagging him off for the sake of it?

When you criticise someone all the time whatever they do, they stop listening to you altogether like a weary husband with a nagging wife.

It actually amazes me that any of them actually have a pulse..... There are some on there with a little common sense, but there is a vast majority who are Buckie swillin', pi55 in the streets, knife carrying ned/chav scum.

I have a user name on there... Like to stick in a bit of controversy now and again... as you do.

Is it really necessary to spend all our time challenging Murray - and for what exactly?

I was one of his biggest critics when he was managing the club badly and took us into a huge burden of debt, but that era seems to be over and he's not exactly been running the club into the ground lately.

Are we talking here about constructive criticism when he does something wrong or just continually slagging him off for the sake of it?

When you criticise someone all the time whatever they do, they stop listening to you altogether like a weary husband with a nagging wife.

Is that the same as always asking your wife if she will take it up the wrong 'un.???

If you cannot accept that everyone does not believe SDM, or agree's with him is that also the same???

Or indeed is it the same as someone always defending someone who has in the past failed to produce???

Guest Arnold

You seem to be mistaking challenging him for always having a go at him.

Having one person in charge with no one to question or challenge him is very dangerous. His word is final and he can do whatever he likes.

Whenever a decision is made at the top, the fans SHOULD question and challenge the details to make sure we're happy with it, rather than being spoon fed everything and just taking it.

It doesn't mean constant criticism. It doesn't mean saying he's a **** or labelling him a problem. It just means challenging ideas to make sure plans for Rangers are the way they should be as far as we, the supporters, are concerned.

No one at board level will ever challenge him so if the fans can't, who else will? The culture we have is to just sit back and take anything and everything. The small challenge Murray does get comes from behind closed doors on forums, which is essentially pointless, and only one big Rangers site voices concerns in public. That site is owned by someone who is in Murray's pocket.

Being challenged should be welcomed by anyone who has faith in their own ideas.

Take the stadium redevelopment as an example. I'm terrified that we'll spend millions of pounds and end up with only a few thousand extra seats. That says that we're happy with, say, 55,000 and happy to be second to Celtic and show no ambition. If a dozen websites were sticking up articles challenging this, raising expectations and ambitions of the fans, Murray's hand would be forced and he would have to show ambition.

The tims do it all the time. A dozen or more sites say McGeady is worth �£8 million, �£10 million, �£12 million until it's spread throughout the support and the general consensus is that he's worth a mint, thus forcing the price up (even if just a little) and forcing Celtic's hand when negotiating with other clubs. They've done the same with Boruc by constantly linking him to AC Milan and Bayern and quoting ten or twelve million.

I've just realised I've gone on a rant, but the point is still there. :):D NO ONE regularly challenges our club (or the media) to such an extent that it could make a difference. We're way behind with this.

I have never understood the aims of the RST. Through their comments in the printed press, on the radio and internet I've always found them to be nothing short of an embaressment. They have attacked our club and chairman more than they have shown support. They have fallen short in their defence of our fanbase at key moments over the past few years. In fact, all they seem to have achieved is a capabilty to be heard as a self-proclaimed representation of Rangers fans as a whole. Trouble is, that most of what they say does the image of our club and it's support no good whatsoever. They appear to court controversy time and time again, purely with this single aim in mind and give no thought for the damage they are doing in the process. I for one would be delighted to see the end of this group of jumped up wanabee dictators.

Each of the seven resignations were reported by the RST to be due to pressures of work, demands of personal life, sick hamster, change of sexual orientation, etc ,etc. Every one an entirely innocent departure and absolutely no funny business involved. Now those seven individuals issue a joint (joint mind you) statement revealing what we all knew anyway - internal strife, cliques, dissent, petulance before policy, and so on. The whole knitting circle committee drama in ful technicolour.

And those who lied to us (I'm a life member) are now preaching that the RST is still alive and kicking, with renewed purpose and vigour. The current chairman, Stephen Smith, has even written to me assuring open and honest communication in future .... the very day after issuing the meaningless non-statement about the meeting with Murray, which he attended.

These people take us for mugs and will no doubt continue to do so. Follow Follow runs the RST and Dingwall runs Follow Follow. Can anyone spot the obvious flaw in that arrangement? Not the propaganda meisters on FF anyway, who are now in full voice commending the same proven liars for saving the RST and the whole Rangers world from all comers.

This is a farce that would be highly entertaining if it didn't continue to discredit the Rangers community and prevent any meaningful collective voice being heard on behalf of the support. These folks need to be hounded at every turn until they are so far removed they can do no further harm.