Shittu rejects contract

Someone wants too much money, and you expect Rangers to roll over and agree? Some business head you've got.

Let's just give any player and any club whatever they ask for... :brick:

Hope you're better with your own money, but like most, you probably find it easier to spend someone else's money.

I bit strong there Calscot.

Everyone's the same Calscot including you. You want to earn as much money as you can and Shittu is probably after a wage rise not a wage cut.

For some reason Rangers think they can offer players less wages than they are on at their current club and still sign the player.

Rangers do this on purpose all the time now by offer pish deals knowing the player will knock it back

& now they can come out with the whole we did do are best pish

& the fans are like **** him greedy ******* **** him

Well i dont think its the players 90% of the time its people in Rangers who couldnt give a **** if we win the league or not & thats about 90% too

Thats my rant over & good ****in night

Yeah right, Ranger officials fly down to London, spend a load of time in negotiations and staying in hotels, knowing they not going to sign someone. And obviously no-one at Rangers wants to win the league... :wanker:

I take it the schools are out for summer?

--

comment removed - no dispariging generalisations of other forums please

Don't see what the problem is here,Rangers & Watford agree a deal,the player demands high wages and Rangers tell him to GTF,I have to agree with Rangers,why should we pay whatever a player demands,any player !!!

Don't see what the problem is here,Rangers & Watford agree a deal,the player demands high wages and Rangers tell him to GTF,I have to agree with Rangers,why should we pay whatever a player demands,any player !!!

How do we know Shittu is asking for high wages? Yes he's probably looking for a pay rise but that doesn't necesarily mean he's being greedy. Like I said in my earlier post, when you move job/gt promotion you look for a pay rise.

How do we know Shittu is asking for high wages? Yes he's probably looking for a pay rise but that doesn't necesarily mean he's being greedy. Like I said in my earlier post, when you move job/gt promotion you look for a pay rise.

Well I don't know how much he asked for,but why would we chase him only to then turn around say, he asked for too much money if it wasn't tue ?

I bit strong there Calscot.

Everyone's the same Calscot including you. You want to earn as much money as you can and Shittu is probably after a wage rise not a wage cut.

Firstly, I think most people are willing to work for a reasonable wage that reflects their ability.

Secondly, I'd be willing to bet money that Rangers offered Shittu a significant pay rise. Who is going to move clubs for a pay cut unless there are other motivating factors (like getting first team football)?

So how many people do you know that were offered a job with a pay rise and then got completely knocked back because they tried to screw the company for more?

Not many on here rate Shittu very highly yet, he is obviously asking for far more than Rangers are willing to pay, and from what I've seen over the years, Rangers are pretty generous paymasters.

I just can't see why so many people are bashing our club for being sensible with our money and not giving in to overinflated demands.

To me people are slagging off Rangers for doing something RIGHT.

I'm sure he would have got a decent pay rise by joining us. Carlos is only on �£15k is he not? I doubt Shittu is on anymore than �£10k at Watford?

I also here he is wanted for the Nigerian Olympic team so he would miss the start of the season wherever he plays.

He reportedly wanted �£20k a week (double what he's on at Watford). I don't see how that's Rangers fault. They were probably offering a half decent wage rise at �£13-15k, but 20?? We're better off without the greedy bassa.