Can't believe 2 of you have picked Cousin. The guy is a disgrace and should never play for the club again

He's still the best striker we have at the club though and if it means he gets us into the CL then so be it. he may redeem himself a bit by this.

Adam is actually a central midfielder. He's definitely not suited for the wider role but I'm happy for him to play more centrally with Hemdani and Thomson covering him.

He's done so before pretty well.

I'm reasonably happy for any of our strikers to play up front. All have their pros and cons but all can do the business.

The only change I would have to your team Frankie is Adam playing on the left of the midfield 3 - Thomson should be the central cog in there because he has the stamina to track back all game - Adam is so one-paced it is unreal for a pro player and, for that alone, would be pushed to the left of the 3 for me.

Aside from that I think that is the best we have given the personnel we have.

He's still the best striker we have at the club though and if it means he gets us into the CL then so be it. he may redeem himself a bit by this.

When the guy can be arsed he can be the best at the club, but how often did he look interested last season. He had a puple patch funnily enough right round about the time Fulham were heavily linked with him. I think we should have been looking to offload him in the summer. Of course instead of this we were trying to get rid of our 'best goalscorer' in Boyd :brick:

Are you mad? :ffs:

McGregor is without a shadow of a doubt our best keeper and should play. He's not even been out 6 months and like most the team it's to be expected that he won't be on top form at this stage of the season. After only a handful of friendlies I don't think Alexander will have much of a head start over McGregor in terms of fitness. He's hardly had a pre-season to 'look rusty' in, but then the same could be said for Adam, Hemdani & Lafferty.

Mad? No, although some would agree with your assessment of my mental well being.

Won't argue that McGregor is the best keeper we have, but from what I have seen in pre-season, he doesn't look fit. We only get one shot at the CL so we must go with our best 11 on the night.

Cammy F

Interesting read Cammy but I don't think we're 5 players short.

Sure, the loss of Cuellar, Ferguson and Beasley (not to mention Naismith and Burke) is important so we should have replaced the first two especially by now.

Frankie, I believe that we are short in the following areas :

One x left back

one x right back

one x long term experienced centre-half to partner CC

one x creative midfield player

one x wide player

These players are 'missing' to a mixture of long term injuries and us not having cover in certain areas (full backs as an example). We simply can't go another season playing centre-halfs as full backs.

Cammy F

I was quite impressed with Broadfoot at CH against Shalke and he seemingly played well against Raith, so i would like to see how he develops in that position. Whitteker should feel more at home at RB so i think he deserves a run in that position. I seen Lowing mentioned in the youth game against Ayr. Where has he disappeared to? He looked quite promising a few seasons ago. We definitely need midfield cover whether Fergie is fit or not. Adam is making big statements that he can fill Fergies boots but even although Fergie is not my favourite player Adam would need to turn into the Hulk or superman to get anywhere near Fergie. If we need a wide player then it must be on the right as we have a few who can play on the left.

The Webster signing has baffeled me and must have be done on an agreement with Wigan to Ckuf Hearts and get him on the cheap. Otherwise he would have been sent back after his loan period.

Miller! Why? Walter Smith stuberon pigheadedness?

Velicka understandable as he looked good at times with Hearts and reasonably cheap.

Webster and Miller wasted money most likely.:(

These players are 'missing' to a mixture of long term injuries and us not having cover in certain areas (full backs as an example). We simply can't go another season playing centre-halfs as full backs.

Cammy F

Cammy, I fucking love you. I've been saying that for months!!! Can't agree with the McGregor thing though - he's by far the best keeper and has to start. He made a wee mistake against Raith, but if we were going to drop players for poor games v Raith, then none of the players that played would start tomorrow!

I'm hoping for an attacking formation, but I'm not holding my breath.

My team

-----------------------McGregor-------------------

Whittaker----Dailly----------------Weir------Papac

Novo---------Thompson--------Furman------Lafferty

----------------Boyd-------------Velicka------------

Walters team

-------------------------McGregor--------------------

Broadfoot-----Dailly-----------------Weir-----Papac

--------Whittaker----Thompson------Hemdani--------

Novo-----------------Cousin----------------Miller

Team using Wattie's signings as an indication

----------------------Mcgregor---------------------