No Excuses - time for Furman and Fleck

I agree that Lafferty, Furman and Fleck should all come in for the players mentioed (I think by Gribz) They certainly wont do worse and no reason nerves should come into it. If anything they would hopefully be glad of the faith and confidence shown in them.

as hard as it is to disagree with fraser on this - young players should be gently introduced to a winning side ihmo - they simply cant be worse than what we have at the moment.

any kind of energy or will to go forward would improve our midfield.

Fleck and Furman should now be starting to get their chance. they really can't do any worse than Dailly or McCulloch. As Cammy said if you are good enough you are old enough.

Everyone seems to agree that they should be played and are saying so in a way that you must be stupid to disagree. So why isn't Walter playing them?

Is the crux of the matter that if we fail to progress against Kaunas, then we are totally out of Europe? No CL and no UEFA cup!

Even if we're playing crap, surely he thinks it's too big a risk to introduce youngsters for a game of that magnitude? It's easy to say it from your comfy chair, but would anyone really rest the future of your career and the financial success or failure of their company on a couple of teenagers?

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't trust most teenagers to pee in the toilet without missing never mind scoring a crucial goal which could be worth 10's of millions of pounds. And would you really trust a teenager to clean up the mess after them? So how about cleaning up their mess in a football match?

Maybe we'll see them this season but it will surely be in the cups and lesser league games to start with?

Everyone seems to agree that they should be played and are saying so in a way that you must be stupid to disagree. So why isn't Walter playing them?

Is the crux of the matter that if we fail to progress against Kaunas, then we are totally out of Europe? No CL and no UEFA cup!

Even if we're playing crap, surely he thinks it's too big a risk to introduce youngsters for a game of that magnitude? It's easy to say it from your comfy chair, but would anyone really rest the future of your career and the financial success or failure of their company on a couple of teenagers?

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't trust most teenagers to pee in the toilet without missing never mind scoring a crucial goal which could be worth 10's of millions of pounds. And would you really trust a teenager to clean up the mess after them? So how about cleaning up their mess in a football match?

Maybe we'll see them this season but it will surely be in the cups and lesser league games to start with?

I agree they perhaps shouldnt be played in these crucial qualifiers. We will have bodies back for the second leg, lets hope we got a fright last night and go about making up for it by winning the tie straight up over there.

These young guys certainly have potential and should be used more at home league games against lesser opposition to blood them in. Let them get a feel for first team football in an environment where we can fully support them. They need to get their chance this season though and we will have to take slight risks with them. But if we get another Hutton, then these are risks that are perhaps worth taking

I think Furman showed today that he's not ready to be a first team regular.

Yes but if he never gets a chance he will be never ready. Hands up who would rather have Ross McCormack running down the wing in place of Lee McCulloch