In a story about Edu potentially signing the BBC have included a line saying Rangers remain tight lipped about reports we have signed Davis. (Read on teletext but this is usually a concise version of stories from their website).

Anyone know anything more about this?

Not yet S_A but the fee has been agreed - would be pretty sure that the personal terms will be a formality.

Another young player in the team but I fear he will be played wide right a lot - hopefully he can show better there than he did when played in the same position at the end of last season.

From sportinglife http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/08/16/SOCCER_Rangers_Davis.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership

Rangers were hoping to complete the signing of Steven Davis within the next 48 hours after confirming they have finally agreed a fee with Fulham.

The Ibrox club were keen to secure the Northern Ireland international on a permanent deal following a successful loan spell in the latter part of last season.

The move was thrown into doubt over the summer when both clubs failed to reach agreement over the midfielder's value.

But Gers boss Walter Smith revealed after the 1-0 Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League win over Hearts that Davis is now close to putting pen to paper following months of protracted wrangling.

He said: "We have reached agreement with Fulham and we still have one or two things to settle with the player and his representatives but we are hopeful that one will go through.

"That should happen in the next couple of days.

"It's a transfer that has been really ongoing so we don't want to count our chickens.

"But we have agreed with the club now, which is a big thing, and we would hope we can reach agreement with Steven's people over the next couple of days."

Rangers are also confident of completing the capture of American Maurice Edu, after agreeing a fee of US Dollars 5million (�£2.7million) with FC Toronto.

Smith added: "With Maurice Edu, we have to wait on a work permit for that one and hopefully we can be successful there.

"He's a defensive midfield player. He was recommended to us and we had a good look at him towards the end of last season but the MLS were not prepared to sell him at that time. They are now and we managed to get in there.

"I think he's a player with a really good future and I would think, if the tribunal is successful, that we will have another really good player."

Fulham confirmed a fee of around �£3million had been accepted but insisted the deal is still subject to personal terms being agreed.

A spokeswoman explained: "Steven came up with us but then went up to Glasgow to speak to them and he's now back in London."

Thing is, when Barrys back, who will play!!? Our midfield is too good!!:fish:

Two weeks ago we had only Thomson! How can you have too many good players? I actually can't wait for Barry to come back - imagine a midfield 3 of Mendes, Fergie and Thomson with Davis and Edu as back-ups! No more McCullochs or underperforming Adams. Like most of you I don't like Davis wide right, but I will think he will cover for BF's absence or come in if Mendes is not available.

Two weeks ago we had only Thomson! How can you have too many good players? I actually can't wait for Barry to come back - imagine a midfield 3 of Mendes, Fergie and Thomson with Davis and Edu as back-ups! No more McCullochs or underperforming Adams. Like most of you I don't like Davis wide right, but I will think he will cover for BF's absence or come in if Mendes is not available.

Yip agreed, and those ar mainly central players plus you can add Aaron Niguez into the list. Then you have Novo and Beasley for the wide roles. I actually hope we sell McCulloch for the 2 million reported to Hull or Stoke, he has been very poor this calender year.