Has Miller won over the fans?

Has Miller won you over?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Has Miller won you over?

• Yes
    • No.
    • Not yet.

Yeah his first was ok. It was his second that worried me. Looked like he took 3 or more touches to finish what should have been finished in 1/2. Still, a fourth goal was better than no fourth goal. :D

Yeah his first was ok. It was his second that worried me. Looked like he took 3 or more touches to finish what should have been finished in 1/2. Still, a fourth goal was better than no fourth goal. :D

Shroomz, should you not update your signature ? :devil:

I think his two goals against Celtic should at least make Rangers fans treat him as any other Rangers player. He should now be judged on his current performances and not on the fact he played for Celtic or even on the fact that he's a previously poor scoring record.

He's now scored 2 goals in 6 games - not brilliant but not bad, and they were very important goals in a big game.

Let's judge him in the same kind of light that we would Novo who is a very similar player in that he works hard but isn't a great finisher.

I think his two goals against Celtic should at least make Rangers fans treat him as any other Rangers player.

Agreed

Let's judge him in the same kind of light that we would Novo who is a very similar player in that he works hard but isn't a great finisher.

Well they're both the same age. However, Novo's scored 108 goals in 295 appearances. Not bad considering more than 1/4 of those he's been played on the wing ...and he'd NEVER wear the hoops. ;)

Miller's overall career stats don't look TOO bad (just his recent history), but with 91 goals in 344 appearances he's still got a fair bit of catching up to do.

I see what you're saying but in slight defence of Miller, Novo's been playing for a team at the top of the league where are Miller has spent some of his time at the bottom.

However, I do prefer Novo, although I think he blows more hot and cold than Miller - and the latter doesn't do as many fresh air shots...

One difference is that Novo does seem to get far more involved as a winger than a striker, so I'm starting to think Miller is a better bet up the middle. Novo seemed a bit out of it when he came on yesterday, his service wasn't great but he seemed to struggle to get into the game.

Miller seems better at holding up the ball and is better than quite a few of our players at taking on a man - well at least he has a go. Darcheville is great at that but just doesn't have the work rate or consistency. He used to be my favourite striker but at the close of the season seemed to either look disinterested or jaded.

I now have a feeling that since Miller has opened his account against Celtic and our team seem to be gelling, that he could start to improve a lot - especially if the crowd get off his back and start supporting him.

Time will tell but if his form fades or he can't cut it, we have plenty of players to take his place, unless a good few leave today.

UCF, if you don't count Novo's sub' appearances he's almost got as good a scoring record as Michael Owen during his 8 year stretch at Liverpool. Just shows you eh.. ;) .. Boyd's is a quality scoring record though. The guy's a legend in the making & nobody can convince me otherwise. I'll need to get his full career stats into my signature. :D

UCF, if you don't count Novo's sub' appearances he's almost got as good a scoring record as Michael Owen during his 8 year stretch at Liverpool. Just shows you eh.. ;) .. Boyd's is a quality scoring record though. The guy's a legend in the making & nobody can convince me otherwise. I'll need to get his full career stats into my signature. :D

Ach away he's pish:flash:

Guest BTBBilly

Dont agree with the poll but I just hope my fellow gersnetters arent the ones who are booing miller. Once he pulls on the blue jersey averyone should be behind him and anyone for that matter.

I was pleased by thh singing of Kenny Miller, not because where he has been but because his ability. However, correct me if im wrong wasnt sunday the first time Kenny Miller has played upfront from the start? Hi first goal was a superb goal, they way he peeled off from Wilson and connected with the ball was sweet. The second goal was just because of athur boredarse making a boob.

Back to the Poll, what ever you say or think please dont boo miller or any Ger for that matter. It not only affects the players but it will just cause a riot in the stands