Has Miller won over the fans?

Has Miller won you over?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Has Miller won you over?

• Yes
    • No.
    • Not yet.

his performances have been pretty good so far this season, its just been goals thats missing for him, but if the team are winning then thats the important thing.

I can see what he brings to a team and he will come in real handy in some matches, these two goals will help him.

The questions was "Has Miller won over the fans?" Obviously, those who had already been won over are now even more secure in their position. They have now moved on to discuss how well they think he played in one game, albeit an important one. But their views surely count for little in such a debate anyway.

Since those who didn't want him back fell into two camps - those who didn't want soiled goods and those who just didn't rate him - these would appear to be the defining factors in any rehabilitation.

I certainly consider him to be damaged goods. He played for Celtic. I'm a Rangers supporter and I don't welcome those who have played for our rival. It's an unreconstructed attitude but it's what I feel and I'm inclined to justify it to no one. That is a point of view that will not change, no matter he should scored a thousand goals.

I also don't see much to rate him as a player. He's a striker and his goals ratio is pitiful, wherever he has played. That is a fact that bestrides his entire playing career and, as such, simply isn't open to question. He scored two goals against Celtic on Sunday and I was glad of them but that changed nothing more than the result in that particular game. He remains a low scoring forward with a dreadful first touch and mediocre distribution. His one discernible facet is the much-vaunted willingness to run all day and chase lost causes, a feature that, while admirable in itself, ranks fairly low in the traits of great strikers through the years. He adds energy but little else.

So no, once the dust has settled I see little to change my mind that we could have signed a far better striker for the money we spent on Miller and Lafferty.

There seems to be a tendency to jump on wagons where Miller is concerned, perhaps even circling those wagons at the same time. I have a notion it has become fashionable to display personal reasonableness by seeking to accommodate Miller. The new touchy feely inclusive New Rangers. Which is fair enough for those who feel the need. personally I'll always see him in those green and white hoops and he'd have to be a whole lot better player to overcome the emotions that raises for me - even then he struggle to gain acceptance.

Just out of interest, where did you stand on Mo Johnston? does the fact he was a better player than KM count for anything? Also remember KM was in Royal Blue long before he was in green and white.

The bottom line is miller is a Rangers player wether some like it or not. he wears our jersey so we should get behind him no matter what you think .

But if you are going to critisize him please come up with something better than "he played for celtic". thats the sort of thing my kid would come away with for crist sake!

We can assess him at the end of the season like we will with all the other players and by then we some actual facts to help us decide wether he was worth the money or not.

im not 100% on his side as i have reservations about bringing back former players to the club. But hes here now and he rattled two past the mhanks on their own turf. Something that not two many others have managed in recent years. That alone should buy him some time with even his fiercest critics.

Miller has a mountain to move with certain sections of the fans make no mistake about it but if it gives him the motivation to succeed then all the better.

you cant do any worse than give him a chance.

I totally agree with this bit of Mainflyers post:

I also don't see much to rate him as a player. He's a striker and his goals ratio is pitiful, wherever he has played. That is a fact that bestrides his entire playing career and, as such, simply isn't open to question. He scored two goals against Celtic on Sunday and I was glad of them but that changed nothing more than the result in that particular game. He remains a low scoring forward with a dreadful first touch and mediocre distribution. His one discernible facet is the much-vaunted willingness to run all day and chase lost causes, a feature that, while admirable in itself, ranks fairly low in the traits of great strikers through the years. He adds energy but little else.

I have no problem with the Celtic issue i just don't think he is good enough.

Guest Levyrfc1

I am behind him , although i still dont rate him, i think he has a poor first touch and isnt at all clinical although he did take his goal first goal well.

My old dear seen him in dominoes pizza the night before the game ordering all sorts,must be something in them :P

I am behind him , although i still dont rate him, i think he has a poor first touch and isnt at all clinical although he did take his goal first goal well.

My old dear seen him in dominoes pizza the night before the game ordering all sorts,must be something in them :P

Russell_Nash on FF saw him in there 3 nights before the game. Looks like he eats a lot of pizza.

The bottom line is miller is a Rangers player wether some like it or not. he wears our jersey so we should get behind him no matter what you think .

But if you are going to critisize him please come up with something better than "he played for celtic". thats the sort of thing my kid would come away with for crist sake!

We can assess him at the end of the season like we will with all the other players and by then we some actual facts to help us decide wether he was worth the money or not.

im not 100% on his side as i have reservations about bringing back former players to the club. But hes here now and he rattled two past the mhanks on their own turf. Something that not two many others have managed in recent years. That alone should buy him some time with even his fiercest critics.

Miller has a mountain to move with certain sections of the fans make no mistake about it but if it gives him the motivation to succeed then all the better.

you cant do any worse than give him a chance.

So if I understand your opening comments, what you're basically saying is that we should all be won over simply because he's there. Stunning logic indeed.

And why so embarrassed about not liking him because he played for Celtic? I have no problem whatsoever admitting distaste for someone wearing the Rangers jersey after playing for that mob and "your kid" might just be a tad less inhibited about his feeling than his father.