Has Miller won over the fans?

Has Miller won you over?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Has Miller won you over?

• Yes
    • No.
    • Not yet.

Dont agree with the poll but I just hope my fellow gersnetters arent the ones who are booing miller. Once he pulls on the blue jersey averyone should be behind him and anyone for that matter.

It all depends on your interpretation of 'winning over' the support. I was wondering about that myself when I voted. I don't agree with booing any of our players. That said, I voted 'Not Yet' as I'm not yet convinced he's good enough to be more than a squad player.

Franny Jeffers or Egil Ostenstad could've scored 2 goals against that mhob. Still wouldn't have made them good enough to be a starter for the gers and hence to have 'won me over'.

The jury's still out on Miller as far as I'm concerned. Hope he keeps it up though, for all our sakes.

Dont agree with the poll but I just hope my fellow gersnetters arent the ones who are booing miller. Once he pulls on the blue jersey averyone should be behind him and anyone for that matter.

I was pleased by thh singing of Kenny Miller, not because where he has been but because his ability. However, correct me if im wrong wasnt sunday the first time Kenny Miller has played upfront from the start? Hi first goal was a superb goal, they way he peeled off from Wilson and connected with the ball was sweet. The second goal was just because of athur boredarse making a boob.

Back to the Poll, what ever you say or think please dont boo miller or any Ger for that matter. It not only affects the players but it will just cause a riot in the stands

Personally i don't think it was a sweet volley i actually think he shinned it. I don't mean to belittle the goal as no one was more happy than i was, and if he does that 30 times a season i will change my opinion of him.

Dont agree with the poll but I just hope my fellow gersnetters arent the ones who are booing miller.

I would never boo a Rangers player personally. There's a big difference between giving your opinions on a player in a forum, a phone-in or whatever & being either stupid enough or drunk enough to heckle him when he actually plays for the team.

I'm definitely not a Miller fan, but it's purely based on the fact that I don't think he's a quality player & think that he's actually done less for the Scottish national team than he's given credit for. Being a good grafter & team player doesn't make you a quality footballer. For a supposed 'striker' like Miller I personally think that having an excellent scoring record actually does entitle a player to be given the 'quality' tag even if other aspects of their game are slightly lacking. The reason for that opinion is that as we all know, football is a results driven business & realistically a starting striker at a top club like Rangers (or for our national team for that matter) should be 'scoring for fun'. It doesn't matter if they're not the fastest off the blocks or the hardest grafter on the park. If they can regularly score goals to the extent of racking up more than just a handful over a season, then that's the sort of quality I think a striker in a winning team should have. Simply put, in Miller's position as a striker, if you don't rack up the goals & hence help get the desired results for the team over the season, you're not going to be much more than a passenger. Last season we had 4 players that managed to score a good number of goals, a good number being more than a dozen. A goal scoring record at Miller's age should be a lot better than what his is, otherwise he's not a quality striker in my opinion.

This leads me on to the fact that I'm not saying we shouldn't have signed Miller. I'm just not yet convinced that we should have. I can understand that the strike force might have needed a fresh face or 2, but personally I think we could have brought in a better striker than Miller. So why was he brought in then? More to the point, why was he brought in for the fee we paid for him? Was it a good buy? well, I honestly don't know. I'm guessing he was brought in because Walter & Ally knew what they were getting & thought it would not only be worth the money, but worth the risk. It's a risky purchase that somehow might just pay off for them, but only if he makes a major contribution to getting the results that win us the SPL this season & to do that I think he better keep up the goal scoring that he started in the OF game on Sunday. Either that or he better be setting up plenty for Boyd to score. That's actually what they might have had in mind when they brought him in. Maybe they thought he would add the right sort of balance up front alongside Boyd & be a good partner for him. That's the only reasoning that I can understand, but it's a long season & It's still to be proven to be the right decision.

Frannie Jeffers scored ZERO competitive goals during his time at Rangers, so to say he would have scored against Celtic is laughable.

My point was that any of our strikers, including the worst in recent history could have scored against the Dhims. Scoring against Celtic doesn't make a poor or average player brilliant.

Jeffers failed to score in 8 appearances for Rangers. He was however a hard worker ...just not good enough. Sound familiar? To be honest, I don't have too much of a problem with Miller, so long as we're not relying on him to score enough goals to win us the title. It was good to see him get his two goals on Sunday and hopefully he'll score a few more throughout the season, but don't expect too much - that's all I'm saying.

Sorry you're wording was slightly ambiguous and I read it a different way...

Miller has still already done far more in four games than Jeffers did in eight.

I'm not a Miller fan per se but I think he is continually harshly judged by many.

I was pleased by thh singing of Kenny Miller, not because where he has been but because his ability. However, correct me if im wrong wasnt sunday the first time Kenny Miller has played upfront from the start? Hi first goal was a superb goal, they way he peeled off from Wilson and connected with the ball was sweet. The second goal was just because of athur boredarse making a boob.

Back to the Poll, what ever you say or think please dont boo miller or any Ger for that matter. It not only affects the players but it will just cause a riot in the stands

His movement for his first goal may have been good but his finish was much less than sweet. Don't get me wrong it was a technically difficult finish but the connection wasn't sweet.

His movement for his first goal may have been good but his finish was much less than sweet. Don't get me wrong it was a technically difficult finish but the connection wasn't sweet.

Who cares? He scored. I couldn't care less if he scores half his goals with his knee and the other half with his chin so long as he scores. You don't get bonus points for execution. :P

Who cares? He scored. I couldn't care less if he scores half his goals with his knee and the other half with his chin so long as he scores. You don't get bonus points for execution. :P

I completely agree - but to suggest it was a sweet strike is giving KM a HUGE benefit of the doubt !

Guest jshields

I totaly agree with this comment and as i explained earlier i think its disgusting to hear fans booing the guy. He has a blue top on his priorities lie with rangers. He doesnt miss goals because he wants celtic to get more points, he played for celtic yeah but if anyone has the slightest idea that this is a reflection on his performance they need to bend over - tie up there shoes - and jog on... I believe a big factor in his shaky finishing is the fact that his confidence just isnt what it should be and after reading through this post im glad to see that no fellow gersneters are booing him.

However even if he did score 30 goals with his chin or knee i still think it would be wonderful if he had the ability to do it with his feet on a consistent basis, which i think is something that WILL come in time if the fans and the squad get behind him, support him and help believe that he has the ability.