Has Miller won over the fans?

Has Miller won you over?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Has Miller won you over?

• Yes
    • No.
    • Not yet.

I think there's a difference between those who say they won't accept him for his previous club and those who think he just isn't good enough.

For me, when we signed him I was very unimpressed because he wasn't good enough. Like MF, I still have reservations about him from that perspective, but I have that about a lot of Rangers players. Doesn't mean I won't give them my support while they are playing for the team.

I think there's a difference between those who say they won't accept him for his previous club and those who think he just isn't good enough.

For me, when we signed him I was very unimpressed because he wasn't good enough. Like MF, I still have reservations about him from that perspective, but I have that about a lot of Rangers players. Doesn't mean I won't give them my support while they are playing for the team.

Very much depends on why you dislike him coming in the first place, as you say BD.

If you disliked him because of the badge-thumping and the fact he played for them then he will NEVER win over those fans.

I am in the camp who voted "not yet" - scoring his first two goals for the club and it being against them is great, but he needs to produce performances and goals over a sustained period. He put in a shift that is for sure and his first goal was a decent finish if not fantastic and he looked like he was destined to actually MISS the second one.

He may not have impressed enough as a player yet but surely scoring two goals against THEM is enough to forgive the badge thumping?

Otherwise what are people actually angry about? If he can't win over fans by scoring against Celtic, then the hatred is nothing to do with him and he should no longer care what a bunch of extremists think.

Following Mo's Lead

Exclusive by Lindsay Herron

ALLY McCOIST believes Kenny Miller's fantastic double at Parkhead will unite the Rangers fans behind him - just like Mo Johnston back in 1989.

McCoist was in on the Johnston transfer to Rangers from an early stage and was prepared when the amazing deal was announced in July 19 years ago.

He was close to Johnston as he endured stick from both sides of the Old Firm and he will never forget the moment when he completely won over the Rangers fans with a dramatic winner at Ibrox on November 4 that year.

Miller's situation has been remarkably similar and now that he has scored twice against the old rivals, the assistant manager is sure he will be weclomed by everyone.

Speaking to Rangers World Ally said: "It was brilliant for Kenny. It was a tough afternoon for him. For Kenny to go to Parkhead and score two goals must be beyond his wildest dreams.

"He even had a wee chance to make it a hat-trick in the last minute! Well, maybe I'm getting greedy.

"It brings back memories of Mo Johnston nearly 20 years ago. I can remember him scoring against Celtic at Ibrox as if it was yesterday.

"If I close my eyes I can see wee Mo hitting it down low to the keeper's right side on 88 minutes down at the Rangers end, the Copland Road end.

"The thing about Mo and Kenny is that they are both terrific players and good team players.

"And when you work as hard as they do then you are always going to win the fans over."

Guest jshields

To be honest i dont think miller has what it takes to be a deadly first class stirker for rangers. I could maybe see him in a more attacking midfield role cause the guy does work, noone can deny that.

The reason im posting is basically to just let ppl know that i think its disgusting giving kenny miller the amount of abuse he gets.

Hes not the best player in the squad. But he doesnt pick the team line up walter smith does and booing miller is going to do nothing but dampen his confidence and without confidence hes not going to deliver the goals him self and us needs.

Daniel cousin is a big talking point at the moment. The guy is a good player he can score goals but hes not interested in scotland rangers or the rangers fans. He shows up for a european match and old firm plays outstandingly and and we all worship him.

Yeah i would like to see him stay at ibrox but only if he stars caring for the club.

We need to stop getting on millers case and try to help and support him to fit into the team becuase he is a player that cares and wants to do well at this club and personaly i think a little confidence boost is all it might take.

His first goal was a decent enough goal, but when Boruc spilled it to Miller's feet for the second it honestly looked to me like he didn't know what to do with it. I wasn't sure if he was going to put it in the net or turn round & run the opposite way with it. Not sure if he knew either, but thankfully one of the wee things flying around inside his brain told him to stick it in the back of the net, so well done to him for listening to whatever it is that's flying around in there. :D:onetoomany: