The Famine's Over

Guest dirtybill

Surely the great unwashed/offended would have been up in arms before now because as i recall correctly the famine song was sung at the last two old firm games maybe it's just me or is this a problem since they got horsed 4-2 im goin to go out on a limb here and say what a lot of us are thinkin

FUCK THE LOT OF THEM

NO SURRENDER

Despite the media reports, which suggest this has only just been brought up by Salmond in response to the issue being raised by Irish government officials following the recent OF game...

Prior to our first home match of the season against Hearts, Strathclyde Police informed the Club that, following consultation with the Procurators' Fiscal service, the police were of the view that anyone singing this song risked being arrested and charged with a racial breach of the peace.

I gather that the police were acting on this a good while BEFORE the issue was even brought up. John Reid et all look like they've tripped themselves up on this one.

Surely the great unwashed/offended would have been up in arms before now because as i recall correctly the famine song was sung at the last two old firm games maybe it's just me or is this a problem since they got horsed 4-2 im goin to go out on a limb here and say what a lot of us are thinkin

FUCK THE LOT OF THEM

NO SURRENDER

Now yer talkin ma man :box: :D

I don't think fighting smart is weakness, but until we have enough power to fight this directly as people are proposing, we will get slaughtered in the media and the whole country who have no interest in football will have a distorted view of rangers fans, perpetuating the myth celt*c fans have started.

To all those who think we should "fight smart" - at what point to we stop singing any songs and become "neutral" or "what they want?" Months, years, decades, generations????

This is an idiotic idea i have to say - as goes with all minorities they will always find something to fight the majority over, and the mob across glasgow,and more importantly their supporters in the media will always, always find stuff to portray US as scum.

They are after all living in a free society and are not being shot at and murdered on the streets of glasgow and scotland, so making out that they are hard done to is a f*cking laugh.

IMO we have tried to change over such songs and changed succesfully, but this latest crap is just taking the piss.

Going back to fighting smart - its time we bloody exposed the schemings of those scum across the city and supporting media to get us shut down, because if we dont we will have nothing.

^ dont you think you're just a little worked up? it's annoying having this sort of stupidity go on, but there's no grand injustice. you're not oppressed. them asking for it to be banned says more about them, really.

Well, well, well, I don't think the MOPES expected this type of response from football fans in Scotland - a quick search of rival teams web forums has seen a huge level of abuse directed at the MOPES and their continual offendedness - an interesting read :

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?t=467485

Cammy F - The Singing Is Over, Now Were Laughing at You Loyal RSC