Ibrox Development Project News

Dear me girls, so many people defending the gates. It's no wonder Murray finds it so easy to pull wool over tired eyes when so many people are off pursuing style marks.

I think this thread has been lost in the process overnight, which is a pity because it's actually an important matter. Hey ho.

for all of you. no fucking meta-discussions on the thread. any thread derailment that wanders into a) a discussion about the discussion, b) a discussion about the forum in general, or c) insults instead of discussion, will result in suspensions.

don't make statements that you aren't prepare to defend, or to clarify/modify if you change your mind. the rules arent there to bind people, they're born of experience (as is the british empirical tradition) to allow for decent discussions.

be polite to each other for fuck sake - no fake friendliness, but unless we start with the principle of respect we wont get a decent discussion on the go. there are plenty of forums where you get to shout your tastes over and over again, but this isnt one of those forums.

it's tit for tat, but jms since you've arrived here all you've done is either moan about other people, or the forum itself - if it's all so shite, you should probably expect to be told to gtf. but moan away, we can handle a bit of venting - it just becomes tiresome if it's kept up all the time.

any complaints about each other or the forum should be directed to frankie or myself - dont litter threads with this pish.

given that i'm contradicting my own derailment stuff with this post i'll give it a rest now. we've never ever really had to moderate here - mostly its all taken care of itself because people are generally respectful. no-one can be arsed with having to start that, so lets all be merry.

now, what does everyone think of murray? :cheers:

Well I thought that all went quite well. Most interesting. However, I know full well that the lot of you are only stalling while you think of a single reason to see Murray as anything other than a failed chairman who now sees his role as attacking Rangers supporters with sweeping accusations of sectarian bile - anyone here think his description applies to them? ;)

can't think where else I've seen that strategy of deflect and deny?:D

Well I thought that all went quite well. Most interesting. However, I know full well that the lot of you are only stalling while you think of a single reason to see Murray as anything other than a failed chairman who now sees his role as attacking Rangers supporters with sweeping accusations of sectarian bile - anyone here think his description applies to them? ;)

can't think where else I've seen that strategy of deflect and deny?:D

The thing is, not everything David Murray has done has been bad. I think most supporters now want to see him selling out . I don't know if he is a failed Chairman as his Murray companies seem to have done okay for him.

Has he been good for Rangers long term? Looking at our financial situation then it has to be said he has certainly not been our most successful chairman. The price for 9in a row was almost fatale, Whether it was worth it everyone will have their own opinion. It is certainly easy to sign cheques if the money is not your own.

Maineflyer, you keep pointing out what a shady character SDM is, but he's a multi-millionaire businessman. Do you honestly think that if RFC is bought by ARABS, that they'll be any less shady? You're seriously misguided if you do because despite not having inside info about SDM's business practice, I am 100% ceratin that it's more above board than most ARAB wealth. All this bad mouthing about a guy that's tried to do good for our club has got to be a joke. Alright, so there's maybe been a few broken promises (if they were ever promises) & he's got a tendency to talk b*llocks occasionally, but who doesn't?

The thing is, not everything David Murray has done has been bad. I think most supporters now want to see him selling out . I don't know if he is a failed Chairman as his Murray companies seem to have done okay for him.

Has he been good for Rangers long term? Looking at our financial situation then it has to be said he has certainly not been our most successful chairman. The price for 9in a row was almost fatale, Whether it was worth it everyone will have their own opinion. It is certainly easy to sign cheques if the money is not your own.

We were not in too bad a financial position at the end of nine in a row.

Maineflyer, you keep pointing out what a shady character SDM is, but he's a multi-millionaire businessman. Do you honestly think that if RFC is bought by ARABS, that they'll be any less shady? You're seriously misguided if you do because despite not having inside info about SDM's business practice, I am 100% ceratin that it's more above board than most ARAB wealth. All this bad mouthing about a guy that's tried to do good for our club has got to be a joke. Alright, so there's maybe been a few broken promises (if they were ever promises) & he's got a tendency to talk b*llocks occasionally, but who doesn't?

Sorry but I have to disagree with the statement regarding Arab wealth. What proof do you have that arab wealth is less than legit ? Much arab wealth comes from oil and there has been plenty of that wealth to be passed around.

The arabs, and the asians too to be fair, are churning out a huge amount of wealth and, for the most part, legitimately.

How can you be so sure that SDM's wealth all comes legitimately too - because he is British ?

The Russians are far more shady than the arabs.

You're right, not everything he's done has been bad ... and of course he can reasonably claim to be a very successful businessman. However, my only interest in David Murray is insomuch as he affects Rangers today.

To an extent, it's the very fact that he can so easily claim such successes in his other business interests that almost demands that his oversight of our recent recline is highlighted to what often comes across as an unquestioning support. That he may be judged as having once been good for Rangers cannot cloud the issue as it stands today.

If I'm wrong then I apologise but at the time we won NIAR the club's finances were relatively healthy as I recall. It has been the time since the Advocaat experiment started to unwind that Murray has lost the plot and for which his stewardship entirely deserves to be questioned - if only he would occasionally answer some of those questions!

I'm really not the least interested in Murray as a person but his actions (or lack of them) as chairman these last few years have been negligent and unacceptable. I believe his outbursts at last weeks AGM showed a great deal about his relationship with this club.

I realise these views run contrary to those of many members of this forum but they are the views I hold as honestly as I know how.

I wouldn't advocate foreign ownership of Rangers, from whatever quarter it came. However, I should say I've done business with people in the Middle East for many years and, for the most part, have found them to be at least as honest and trustworthy as anyone, including the British.

As for Murray, I wish I had your faith in the man but I don't.