I have never really been a Alan McGregor fan, but his heroics against Celtic in the 1-2 game at Parkhead and the Uefa cup performances won me over.

I was dreadfully disapointed that he was injured saving the Scott Mcdonald penalty when he turned his ankle.

Now, before those heroics McGregor was a mediocre goalie for the most part. He done the correct things to be a good Gers player, i.e go through the youth ranks, go on loan for a season for first team experince at a lesser club. And to be honest there are times he makes saves that make him look world class.

But, i now think the time has come for him to move on.

This may upset a few Gers fans as he is a popular player with Rangers fans. but he is now no longer a young player. He is a mid 20-odds goalie who's confidence has been sunk for a while.

The mistake he made versus Dundee Utd at Ibrox cost us 2 vital league points. Today he apparantly made a howler(which i've yet to see). And against Kilmarnock at Ibrox he gifted them an opening goal.

Don't get me wrong, three mistakes should't cost anyone a career. But i am positive now that there's a few other reasons to go against him.

McGregor now believes the hype from last year still applies and as a consequence he stil thinks he is a better player than he really is. This over confidence clashing with his other belief that he thinks he's able to crack the English premiership is costing us dearly.

The constant transfer speculation about him joining Spurs amongst other top teams is messing with this mans head. If he hadn't have gotten the ankle injury he may well have got the move i think he wanted and Rangers would have been payed around 5 to 6 million pounds. It didn't work out but McGregor to my mind is still thinking that all the speculation is directed towards where he is going.

Well Alan, i'm not so sure that any top side would want you anymore, especially going by the clangers you've made and the current form you've displayed.

Another thing that gets on my goat is his idiotic playboy image. The hype from last season appeared to inflate Alan's ego to extraordinary proportions and we saw him buying rediculous flash cars, get stupid tattoos and attempting to be the Scottish Beckham with that girlfriend of his.

I realise that this view won't be everyones view and that many will disagree.

But were it not for Walter Smiths loyalty to this player, we may well have had an even better goalie between the sticks in Neil Alexander(who is more than equal in technical and physical abilty to McGregor and supercedes McGregors mental ability by miles).

Also the �£5/6m we may have got from McGregors transfer could have bought us a replacement for the aging Davie Weir and the sometime dodgy defence of Rangers could have squeezed the life out of sides resulting in us not being 7 points behind a Celtic side that are unbelieveably fluky.

Anyway, i'd very much like to hear you guys opinion on Mr mcGregor as i'm sure we could move on without him.

He needs to be droppped. Today's mistake was another shocker. I don't want him sold but a few months on the bench until he gets himself in order would help him and help the team.

However WS's stubbornness in keeping him in the team has already cost us and will continue to do so.

I didn't see the point a few weeks back in dropping McGregor for a couple of games for Alexander. I reckon Alexander deserves a run in the team. He hasn't let us down in the past and covered well enough for McG when he was out last season

Couldnt agree more with the first 3 paragraphs. I was thinking we had a run of the mill SPL keeper but he like Hutton improved absolutely by a huge amount and at the end of last season I said we would have won the league had he not got injured.

He is turning out to being a 1 season wonder. But i believe it is a mental thing with him that things went to his head.

Id personally have went with Alexander yesterday

todays clanger puts to why his head is in other places, why call ah defender to ' my ball ' and get no where near it, thats if what he said? but if thats the case enough said, sorry to say allan, but if your going to come for a ball and you'r sure its sures then make sure it is and and dont fuck it up!