The state the team is in right now is worrying after our defeat to septic, as long as players are being played out of position and theres no chance of a sniff of anyone else coming in on the january transfer window we can forget about the league and as long as ws keeps playing these tactics we will continue to drop needless points.!

Being picky but Manu did it with Beckham, Butt, Scholes and the Nevilles. Everton with Rooney, Arsenal with Walcott, Fabregas etc

Different league yes but the principal is the same.

I'm not really complaining about Lafferty as I think he is just being played out of position, but Adam has had numerous chances and seems to have gone backwards.

With Arsenal and Everton and even Man U to a lesser extent - the main thing is that those players were brought in to play alongside experienced pros who could help them through the game with their leadership qualities.

Plus, with Fabregas, Walcott, Rooney etc - it is fine to bring these players in if there are only one or two of them in the starting 11. If you bring in a whole team of youngsters you likely wont win the league but there is absolutely no harm in bringing one or two youngsters into a team, especially when the league is swiftly slipping away !

Being picky but Manu did it with Beckham, Butt, Scholes and the Nevilles. Everton with Rooney, Arsenal with Walcott, Fabregas etc

I'm not really complaining about Lafferty as I think he is just being played out of position, but Adam has had numerous chances and seems to have gone backwards.

Being picky but when Man U won the league they didn't have a single player in the team that was as young as Aaron or Fleck.

In fact their young players, playing in conjunction with older, seasoned players, were around the same age as Lafferty and Adam.

So any theory as basic as playing players of a certain age suggests those two should be first picks every week. Add Whittaker, Smith, Broadfoot, Boyd, Burke and Naismith and our team starts to look more like Man U's for age. Is that the team anyone really wants?

As for Rooney, he was playing for a middling team when he was a teenager and then signed for Man U when he was 19. Sounds a bit like Naismith and Lafferty to me, who have both played in the Rangers team. So what's the difference? To me the difference is only the impact Wayne has made.

As for Arsenal, they've been developing a young team for a while now, and where are they? They are 10 points behind the leaders - what lesson can we learn there?

I personally think this age argument is so erroneous - if you're good enough, you're old enough and conversely if you're good enough, you're young enough. I think we should pick a team that is most likely to get the job done, and that's what I think Walter does - in his mind.

You can argue all day about which players to pick but it's all fantasy league for us and very few supporters agree what team we should play, and none of us is at training and none of us has professionally managed a team.

When we're miles behind Celtic and not even looking like equalling or bettering them, while being knocked out of the cups by lower division or bottom SPL teams then we have good grounds to think we can do better - but we're not there yet.

If we lose the league again, then it's a good bet that our manager should be sacked, but while we're a bit behind more to do with refereeing and luck and are still in with a shout of all 3 domestic competitions, it's not quite time to dictate to the manager who he should play.

We can have an opinion any time, but to really believe that we could manage at an OF game and bring a Rangers win simply by playing a couple of teenagers, that sounds pretty deluded to me.

Being picky but when Man U won the league they didn't have a single player in the team that was as young as Aaron or Fleck.

In fact their young players, playing in conjunction with older, seasoned players, were around the same age as Lafferty and Adam.

So any theory as basic as playing players of a certain age suggests those two should be first picks every week. Add Whittaker, Smith, Broadfoot, Boyd, Burke and Naismith and our team starts to look more like Man U's for age. Is that the team anyone really wants?

As for Rooney, he was playing for a middling team when he was a teenager and then signed for Man U when he was 19. Sounds a bit like Naismith and Lafferty to me, who have both played in the Rangers team. So what's the difference? To me the difference is only the impact Wayne has made.

As for Arsenal, they've been developing a young team for a while now, and where are they? They are 10 points behind the leaders - what lesson can we learn there?

I personally think this age argument is so erroneous - if you're good enough, you're old enough and conversely if you're good enough, you're young enough. I think we should pick a team that is most likely to get the job done, and that's what I think Walter does - in his mind.

You can argue all day about which players to pick but it's all fantasy league for us and very few supporters agree what team we should play, and none of us is at training and none of us has professionally managed a team.

When we're miles behind Celtic and not even looking like equalling or bettering them, while being knocked out of the cups by lower division or bottom SPL teams then we have good grounds to think we can do better - but we're not there yet.

If we lose the league again, then it's a good bet that our manager should be sacked, but while we're a bit behind more to do with refereeing and luck and are still in with a shout of all 3 domestic competitions, it's not quite time to dictate to the manager who he should play.

We can have an opinion any time, but to really believe that we could manage at an OF game and bring a Rangers win simply by playing a couple of teenagers, that sounds pretty deluded to me.

Derek Johnstone!!!

Maybe not so deluded

QUOTE]

Couldnt agree more, how the hell we ever managed to get Aaron in the 1st place is beyond me, but not to play a guy with his potential is a phenomenal mistake, if he stays here for 2 years then we could ruin this lads career.

A guy who was being spoke of as a similar level to Bojan Krkic - currently playing in the Barca 1st team.

Absolutley unbelievable Smith

= go

But there is absolutely no reason why one of those youngsters shouldn't get a chance when NO-ONE has played well at LM this season calscot (perhaps Novo aside).

Lafferty has been shocking when played there.

Beasley has looked every bit as bad.

Charlie Adam has been woeful too.

It isn't a case, for me at least, of simply throwing young guys in for the sake of it. For me it is a case that given no-one has stamped their authority on that particular position then what do we have to lose by giving one of the youngsters a shot at it ?

Playing with Lafferty or Adam or Beasley has meant we are effectively playing with 10 players anyway, so why not give a precocious teenager a go at making the position their own ?

I've nothing against trying Aaron at LM (although an OF game is probably not the best place to start), but the general opinion seems to be that he's some superman that will guarantee wins.

The arguments about age are poor while the likes of Whittaker, Adam and Lafferty are simultaneously made out as scape goats.

Some of the abuse that Adam has had on here has been horrendous on what is one of the less extreme forums, so how do our fans think our manager is going to risk the fragile confidence of an 18 year old?

In any case I think Aaron will and Fleck will start getting some game time but one has to adjust to a new country and the other has to get back to full fitness. The desperate position we're in doesn't lend itself either.

I think we need a bit more perspective.

Some of the abuse that Adam has had on here has been horrendous on what is one of the less extreme forums, so how do our fans think our manager is going to risk the fragile confidence of an 18 year old?

I think you do your fellow fans a complete injustice. The vast majority of Rangers fans have always responded in the proper manner to players, irrespective of age or background.

Players who perform well are universally lauded and respected. players who do not perform well are treated accordingly. In other words, players play and fans respond to the manner in which they play. It is not the duty of supporters to regard players in a manner contrary to how they perform with the ball.

Despite what the media would have everyone believe about Rangers fans, we have taken catholic players to heart as heros because they could do the business on the park. We have also forgiven previously poor player who have found their feet and eventually delivered good performances. In other words, Rangers fans are almost always an entirely honest barometer of how players perform.

Charlie Adam was well treated by most fans when he first broke through into the first team and was generally performing well. The change that has taken place is of Adam's making, not the fans. You continually seek to excuse poor play and lay the blame at the feet of the fans, which is simply not justifiable in reality.

If those same 11 players had done the business on Saturday and beaten celtic we wouldn't be criticising them now. But they didn't and we are entirely justified in our reaction. Football at this level is not some sort of kindergarten activity where players need to be cosseted and presented with false praise. If they are man enough to accept ibrox wages then they should be prepared to accept the judgement of the supporters.

And then to excuse our manager on the basis of how fans behave is simply ludicrous guff. It didn't stop him wasting money of Miller when so many openly asked him not to.

I've nothing against trying Aaron at LM (although an OF game is probably not the best place to start), but the general opinion seems to be that he's some superman that will guarantee wins.

The arguments about age are poor while the likes of Whittaker, Adam and Lafferty are simultaneously made out as scape goats.

In any case I think Aaron will and Fleck will start getting some game time but one has to adjust to a new country and the other has to get back to full fitness. The desperate position we're in doesn't lend itself either.

Never heard as big a pile of sh*te, i'd bet money that no1 has made Aaron or Fleck out to be "supermen" but are obviously players with genuine talent - talent in excess of those who are already playing in their positions.

Did you see the Cup final last year?? Fleck at 16 yrs of age was a breath of fresh air, his guille should be nurtured - we have a problem in this country with holding back young talent - the "burn out" argument is bollocks also, any manager worth his salt would realise not to play someone so young every week.

And to say that Aaron needs time to settle into a new country - how quickly would you settle if you weren't enjoying working in a new country? Especially the type of creative player which he appears to be

And, as has already been mentioned, Adam and Lafferty have been nothing short of amateur in their displays this season - i play football, and would try a damn sight harder than what those two twats do on a football park if i was playing for Rangers