Aaron Niguez

C'mon now,Lafferty is a '' YOUTH ''

Yes, Ironic that the two players Walter is getting the most pelters for are about 20 and 22...

Yet the same people think we should be playing a 17 and 18 year old...

With arguments like that, how could a sane person sack Walter?

George Graham is another I have wanted in the past but has he been out the game too long now? Who could we attract at this time given the state of our current affairs?

He's someone else I'd like to see at Ibrox, but like you say, maybe he's been out of the game for too long now.

Yes, Ironic that the two players Walter is getting the most pelters for are about 20 and 22...

Yet the same people think we should be playing a 17 and 18 year old...

With arguments like that, how could a sane person sack Walter?

It is not about age Cal it is about Quality. Adam has been given three years now to show he is not making the grade we are hoping for. The time Fleck and Aaron(not much time) have been called in, the quality of their play added to the quality of the team. Adam did well scoring 15 goals in one season and we all know he can hit a ball but his all round play leaves a lot to be desired.

3 million pounds for lafferty looks to be bad judgement, no matter how old he is.

So taking Adam as an example, where did it all go wrong? Is he just not applying himself in training? Not taking his diet and extra fitness training seriously? Is he not getting the coaching he needs to bring him on to the next level?

Its just that he clearly has talent, but seems to have gone backwards over the last while rather than improving to the point where he can't even get the basics right.

The same could be said of Whittaker who looked like one of the best young players in the SPL before he joined us.

Take a look at the body language of Walter Smith and you'll know a great deal about why we're failing as a team. Does anyone remember the antics in the technical area at the start of the Smith/McCoist era? Compare and contrast with what we've seen these last 12 months or so and tell me the old man isn't just past it? No appetite, no desire, no energy, no new ideas. Long ago spent when he ran up against the limits of his own abilities.

It happens to better men than Walter Smith and in more important activities than football. You do your bit and then you step aside. You do not come back to remind everyone why you left in the first place.

Does anyone actually believe Walter Smith retains genuine enthusiasm for the task? If he does then it doesn't show in how he acts or speaks.

The real danger for the club right now lies in the chairman's proven inability to select and stand by a manager who can develop the playing side and make a real difference, leave a legacy for success. Or is it unwillingness - could Murray live with someone whose views would have to contradict his own?

The case against Walter may be slowly stacking up and the verdict will be delivered sometime in the spring. However, the lack of cogent analysis from the knee jerks after the OF game defies belief.

I must be the only one that saw a game where Rangers were highly dominant and completely outplayed our supposed equals who could only play a spoiling game and hit us on the break. That limited our number of chances and those we created, one or two players uncharacteristically spurned them. We were then beaten by a single opportunist goal that was superbly taken. It was one of two shots they had on target throughout the game.

Taken in isolation, that game was not in the slightest a show of weakness of tactics by Walter Smith, and it's happened to many teams currently far more salubrious than ours. You don't slag off Sir Alex for a similar game and result to Chelsea and I don't see why it's somehow different for Walter.

He deserves criticism for some of the points we dropped in lacklustre games against the bottom teams that have put us behind - although some can be mitigated by refereeing that looks more biased against us by the game.

Yes, we're seven points behind, but that does not give an excuse to talk nonsense about a game where we easily had the beating of them but just did not have the luck, the refereeing or the clinical finishing you would normally expect.

Like I keep saying, give criticism where it's due but let's not just make up a load of false vitriol when we decide to adopt an agenda because we're not top of the league.

We can still win the league, and after the two OF games, I think it's pretty obvious we have a better team. All we need is some consistency away from home and a level playing field when it comes to refereeing and of course the esoteric factor that luck brings.

In fact, I remember a certain Mr Stachan getting dogs abuse for being in a similar situation last year. Why are we becoming more and more like them?

Edited by calscot

So taking Adam as an example, where did it all go wrong? Is he just not applying himself in training? Not taking his diet and extra fitness training seriously? Is he not getting the coaching he needs to bring him on to the next level?

Its just that he clearly has talent, but seems to have gone backwards over the last while rather than improving to the point where he can't even get the basics right.

The same could be said of Whittaker who looked like one of the best young players in the SPL before he joined us.

maybe its the manager who isnt getting the best out of the players.

You don't slag off Sir Alex for a similar game and result to Chelsea and I don't see why it's somehow different for Walter.

Ferguson manages one of the best-run and successful clubs in the world. He has consistently delivered success at the highest level over a twenty year period and continues to do so. I'm struggling here to see the basis for comparison with Walter Smith. Maybe it was irony and I missed it?;)