Where does this piece come from?

The message at the break was that a few of us would be coming off if we didn't improve in the first 15 minutes after the break. And it was a great goal from Pedro that set Kris Boyd and Kirk Broadfoot celebrateus up to go on and win."

I doubt Ferguson will be going anywhere.

As for Boyd, he may have scored two late goals but he was abysmal yesterday IMO.

he can be abysmal all season if he scores 2 goals a game.

So if he's a class above all these other players, why isn't he showing it on a regular basis for us in particular? I can count on one hand the number of excellent performances I can remember from him for us over the last couple of years and I can't remember the last time he played a few very good games in a row, let alone really influenced matches.

I think he's been living on his past reputation with us for some time now and each year we've been getting excuses as to why he's not been playing well, but he's never regained the form he showed before he left to go to Blackburn.

I know we had much higher quality players around him back then, but if he is as talented as we keep being told, why isn't he showing us? At least in the SPL?

My post was most in regard to Traynor trying to denigrate him in the views of the national team and it's supporters. :confused:

I also think that Barry is a victim of his own success.

If Hemdani had played as Fergie did at the weekend people would be raving and saying it was an 8 out of 10 performance. However because Fergie is capable of more, more is expected. So Fergie only gets a 6/7 for the same performance.

I certainly think people's expectations skew there perspective of how he has performed and so currently when he is playing to a standard on par with the rest of the squad he gets greater criticism.

An average game for Barry is a good game for many others.

This last few months though, by his own high standards, he has been mediocre and must start doing more, immediately. Traynor can still get fucked though, trying to put the knife in.

if ex-pro's rate Fergie that means more to me than Traynor's opinion and perhaps this fool should not be so arrogant as to dimiss their views in favour of his own, less creditible view.

I don't mind at all if he stays, but he definitely needs to keep his finger out of his arse & be made to fight for his place then prove he should be keeping it just like everyone else in the starting 11. Loosing his cocky or 'galas' (as Eck put it) attitude would be helpful as well, since he's one of these players that thinks he's better than he actually is. If you think like that maybe you don't feel the need to try as hard as you should be.

Ferguson has achieved so little since he came back that I find it hard to understand what people see in him or why anyone would be upset to see him leave. Further, the requirement for a better midfield in the current team is so acute that I'd certainly like to see us try to find a solution without Ferguson and his endless square passes. He seems to have lost all ability to tackle and win the ball has all but gone and his distribution has become so negative that he neither contribute to attack nor defence. He also seems to inhibit those around him and its beyond obvious that he and Mendes find it impossible to co-exist.

He's had a decent run but the time has definitely come to let him go and make room for others.

maybe against the flow here, but I quite like jim traynor, or at least his radio show. He winds people up on purpose, and says whatever he needs to to get a rise out of someone! A lot of the time he just says what he thinks, and so at least he's got balls enough for that.

regarding the article, I think he's right that Ferguson might have a little bit too much influence at the club... I think he is overly harsh on ferguson, but some of the criticisms to have a base of truth.

He is our best player, but his apparent on-field swagger and finger wagging dont match his performances. I'd be afraid to let fergie go, but maybe that's because I'm afraid of life without barry, and the prospect of downsizing as was mentioned previously.

If he does stay, he'll be on a bumper contract for the next 5 years... I just hope he proves that he is worth it!

Do any of the Barry lovers actually watch what he does in a game or are they mesmerised by the few minutes he actually does show a bit of class. He doesn't put any pressure on the opposing midfielders he jogs back to defend rather than sprint He turns and he turns and he turns until there are ten players behind the ball and they have had time to build the great wall of China. Oh yeh then he turns again.

Taylor and MF are right, It is time for him to go.

Do any of the Barry lovers actually watch what he does in a game or are they mesmerised by the few minutes he actually does show a bit of class. He doesn't put any pressure on the opposing midfielders he jogs back to defend rather than sprint He turns and he turns and he turns until there are ten players behind the ball and they have had time to build the great wall of China. Oh yeh then he turns again.

Taylor and MF are right, It is time for him to go.

You forgot shouting at his own players constantly and even so when he is in the wrong and strayed a pass

Guest FollowThe People
Jim Traynor (I know, I know.....) hit the nail on the head today for me with his piece.

If Hartley , Brown and Robson dragged their team to victory I must have missed it.

The filth won the game with a punt from Caldwell and Samaras beat Davie Weir for the only time in the game to a high ball, Broadfoot did the rest with an 'After you Skippy' for McDonald to bury their only chance.

Robson and Hartley were both bitchslapped by Ferguson.

As for Le Guen, he offered to tender his resignation in the August of his half season.

Murray should have accepted it.

Guest FollowThe People
he can be abysmal all season if he scores 2 goals a game.

He won't score them when we need them.

We will never, I repeat never win the league with him in our starting 11 every week, or even most weeks.