If walter walked the plank...

I think Mowbray would take the job in a minute. At first when i read his name i thought "no thanks" but on 2nd thought i dont think he would be that bad.

As i said Moyes MAY want a crack at the CL and the OF may be his only way at it so who is to say he wouldnt come? He has been on a shoe string budget at Everton.

Ask yourself how many we could afford to buy from the first teams of either WBA or Everton? We're having to sell anyone just to keep heads above water, the days of buying are gone. Reality appears to be struggling to take hold in some quarters. Kyle Lafferty was the last big spend for a long time to come and he was barely getting a game for Burnley.

I thought Gough did ok at Livingstone in that he kept up a club that was ripe for the drop...

Levein does have the best SPL record right now.

Would fans accept Mowbray?

Wilkins has only been an assistant and not a highly successful one either.

Andy Gray wouldn't come and has no experience.

David Moyes wouldn't come while Everton are bringing in vastly superior amounts of cash and doing well in what is considered a more glamorous league.

I agree with your sum up.

Moyes has all the credentials we seek, but he is an ex-wearer of the green and white hoops - that would certainly rule him out. Why would the fans be any more likely to accept him than Mowbray?

Craig Levein at Rangers is just wrong, on so many levels.

Rewind to that game at Ibrox at the end of last season (10 May), and this is what Levein had to say of referee Mike McCurry:-

"We had a blatant penalty and he bottled it.

"If it's not a level playing field and, if we don't get the decisions, blatant, important decisions then what is the point of turning up?

"I thought Mike McCurry had the balls to stand up and give these decisions.

"Not only is it a penalty kick, but it's a sending off for Davie Weir. But he didn't want to do it because this game meant so much to Rangers."

Levein said he asked the referee what was the point of his players turning up if they were to be the victims of such decisions.

"Anybody who is of a fair mind watching that today would see that we had no chance of winning that.

"We get a perfectly good goal chalked off and a blatant penalty, with not even a decision to make, and it should've been a sending off."

Fast forward just three months to 17 August, when our friend Charlie Richmond denied Dundee Utd a stonewall penalty in their 1-1 draw with Celtic at Tannadice:-

"I can understand that people make mistakes and, in all honesty, I like Charlie. I think he's a decent referee and I've just got to put it down that he made a mistake.

"We've got a meeting with the referees on Wednesday, so I've got a few points that I'd like to put across and I'd love for everybody to get on and work together for the good of Scottish football."

Spot the differrence?

One thing I will say for Levein is that he certainly has the media on his side. Jimmy Calderwood doesn't receive a fraction of the attention and fawning of the press yet funnily enough his Aberdeen side has still managed to ghost into 3rd place.

As has already been said, nobody of any stature would come near Ibrox as things stand, and while Murray is in charge Smith is in charge. The only change to that will be the inevitable promotion of McCoist to the hot seat, which IMHO wouldn't be the best thing for Rangers.

In a hypothetical situation then, and keeping it realistic, we could do a hell of a lot worse than Billy Davies at Forest.

Moyes has all the credentials we seek, but he is an ex-wearer of the green and white hoops - that would certainly rule him out. Why would the fans be any more likely to accept him than Mowbray?

Sad to say, but Moyes is very much out of our league at the moment.

Moyes is quite evidently an excellent manager and a good guy, and if many Rangers fans are willing to accept Kenny Miller, then I'm willing to bet the vast majority would welcome David Moyes with open arms.

Moyes is quite evidently an excellent manager and a good guy, and if many Rangers fans are willing to accept Kenny Miller, then I'm willing to bet the vast majority would welcome David Moyes with open arms.

I certainly would have no problem with him but i fear he would rather hold out for a job on the Least side.

Craig Levein at Rangers is just wrong, on so many levels.

Rewind to that game at Ibrox at the end of last season (10 May), and this is what Levein had to say of referee Mike McCurry:-

"We had a blatant penalty and he bottled it.

"If it's not a level playing field and, if we don't get the decisions, blatant, important decisions then what is the point of turning up?

"I thought Mike McCurry had the balls to stand up and give these decisions.

"Not only is it a penalty kick, but it's a sending off for Davie Weir. But he didn't want to do it because this game meant so much to Rangers."

Levein said he asked the referee what was the point of his players turning up if they were to be the victims of such decisions.

"Anybody who is of a fair mind watching that today would see that we had no chance of winning that.

"We get a perfectly good goal chalked off and a blatant penalty, with not even a decision to make, and it should've been a sending off."

Fast forward just three months to 17 August, when our friend Charlie Richmond denied Dundee Utd a stonewall penalty in their 1-1 draw with Celtic at Tannadice:-

"I can understand that people make mistakes and, in all honesty, I like Charlie. I think he's a decent referee and I've just got to put it down that he made a mistake.

"We've got a meeting with the referees on Wednesday, so I've got a few points that I'd like to put across and I'd love for everybody to get on and work together for the good of Scottish football."

Spot the differrence?

One thing I will say for Levein is that he certainly has the media on his side. Jimmy Calderwood doesn't receive a fraction of the attention and fawning of the press yet funnily enough his Aberdeen side has still managed to ghost into 3rd place.

As has already been said, nobody of any stature would come near Ibrox as things stand, and while Murray is in charge Smith is in charge. The only change to that will be the inevitable promotion of McCoist to the hot seat, which IMHO wouldn't be the best thing for Rangers.

In a hypothetical situation then, and keeping it realistic, we could do a hell of a lot worse than Billy Davies at Forest.

Exactamundo. On top of signing Kenny Misser, appointing Levein would signal a complete loss of pride by the club. Murray, however, seems to have to problem climbing into bed with our enemies.

By the same token and becaus eof his history, I think Moyes would realise the situation he would be in if things didn't work out.

To be fair to the press, Jimmy has been pretty inconsistent at Aberdeen and overall not been that great. Levein has been consistently pretty good at Dundee Utd.