Thing is Colshy, nobody is going to give us a break - it is quite apparent that if we continue to sing it, we are going to face stiff, harsh punishment. This could be in the form of stand closures, point deductions, relegation and being kicked out of European Cups.

Is singing about a razor gang from Glasgow worth seeing Rangers relegated? Is it worth singing this whilst 1 or 2 stands at Ibrox are closed? Is it worth singing it if, after beating Craptic 3-0 at Ibrox we get deducted these points?

I think we all really need to acknowledge the severity of the situation - this isn't going away, turning a blind eye, or defying UEFA and Murray ISN'T AN OPTION. This is serious, this could lead to Rangers being RELEGATED (for the first time in OUR HISTORY).

If some people have the misguided notion that a song about a street gang is more important than Rangers Fooball Club, I fear for the future of our club.

Cammy F

ano your right mate!�¬

i`ve already considered it but like i said elsewhere i won`t know whether i sing it or not until i sample the atmosphere on the day!

One of my main worries is that the already poor atmosphere at Ibrox will get worse. There are a large majority of Gers fans that only know these songs, the words to the classic songs which are about the club and football are not know by so many. Also there will be many fans that will choose not to sing at all because they are unsure about what is safe to sing and what is not.

One of my main worries is that the already poor atmosphere at Ibrox will get worse. There are a large majority of Gers fans that only know these songs, the words to the classic songs which are about the club and football are not know by so many. Also there will be many fans that will choose not to sing at all because they are unsure about what is safe to sing and what is not.

jeesus!!!

and i thought ibrox was bad for atmosphere already.

don`t tell me we`re all going to turn into govan front fans?:mad:

I think what you are trying to say is that we have probably the worst fans in the world. You're saying they will not sing unless it's about killing fenians and fucking the pope or even doing a Celtic by singing about their home in Ireland ieven though they are Scottish (Build my gallows).

If that's true then it's a complete embarrassment. Maybe in the long run we'll benefit by replacing these strange people with fans who really want to get behind the team and sing songs about Rangers. Maybe that'll also help the team play better.

I am sure that UEFA will accept this as a defence...!

Know what you are saying, but it is up to us the fans, to learn and sing Rangers songs - how did you know the words to songs like The Billy Boys? You listened to them at games, on tapes etc.

The only people that can change the 'hymn book' at Ibrox are us the fans - we all have a responsibility to support the team passionately whilst refraining from banned songs.

Cammy F

ano your right mate!�¬

i`ve already considered it but like i said elsewhere i won`t know whether i sing it or not until i sample the atmosphere on the day!

Colshy, are you saying you may not be able to stop yourself singing non-Rangers songs at Ibrox that will harm our club?

If you do sing them, you are an enemy of Rangers FC, not a supporter. I for one will have no respect for you as you will be delibrately harming the club I love. You will be worse than a Tim because you should have the best interests of our club at heart while they don't give a shit.

Another point here - there are people (and we know who they are) who are praying on us to continue to sing this song - they are banking on our defience as it gives them something to attack us with and it deflects attention away from their sectarian songs.

Don't fall into the trap and give these people the ammunition they crave. If we can refrain from singing this song, maybe, just maybe we can turn the attention on THEM.

Cammy F

Another point here - there are people (and we know who they are) who are praying on us to continue to sing this song - they are banking on our defience as it gives them something to attack us with and it deflects attention away from their sectarian songs.

Don't fall into the trap and give these people the ammunition they crave. If we can refrain from singing this song, maybe, just maybe we can turn the attention on THEM.

Cammy F

Excellent point there Cammy, and one every fan should take heid of.

I think what you are trying to say is that we have probably the worst fans in the world. You're saying they will not sing unless it's about killing fenians and fucking the pope or even doing a Celtic by singing about their home in Ireland ieven though they are Scottish (Build my gallows).

If that's true then it's a complete embarrassment. Maybe in the long run we'll benefit by replacing these strange people with fans who really want to get behind the team and sing songs about Rangers. Maybe that'll also help the team play better.

I'm saying that they may not know what to sing, not because they are bad fans its just that for many this is all they know. If you ask most fans to name the 5 most sung songs it would probably be something like,

1. Hullo Hullo,

2. Follow, Follow

3. No Surrender

4. Build My Gallows

5. The Sash

or maybe a couple of others like Bouncy bouncy and We are Rangers

and although Follow Follow is traditionally a non sectarian song many don't know the correct words so apart from Bouncy Bouncy and maybe We are Rangers the rest are now band and large sections will not know what else to sing.