How old is he? I see Malaga are his seventh club.

I watch the odd game on SS, but it's usually Barca or Real on, not seen Malaga or Baha before.

�£4.5 mil though, I don't see it. Especially not with Hoffenheim flying high in Germany and I'm sure Marseille would appeal greatly to a Moroccan with a French passport.

Interest in Baha.....

Rangers have joined the chase for Malaga striker Nabil Baha, skysports.com understands.

The Moroccan international has been in impressive form this season and has bagged nine goals for high-flying Malaga - who now sit fifth in La Liga.

He fired the winner on Sunday as Getafe were defeated and Rangers' scouts were present to see the African marksman.

Baha, who has a French passport, has over two years left on his current deal but he has a release clause of �£4.5million and this is seemingly attracting a number of clubs.

As well as Rangers, Hoffenheim, Torino and Marseille are also said to be keeping close tabs on Baha - who has an extensive CV having already plied his trade for seven clubs in his career.

Interest

Baha's agent Claude Cauvy has also confirmed to skysports.com that there is some substantial interest in his client.

"Baha is a striker that would interest any club and this year in La Liga he has shown his level," he told skysports.com.

"I have received calls about the player, but there are only contacts and nothing definitive.

"We need to speak to the president of Malaga and study the situation."

After bagging his ninth goal of the season at the weekend, Baha admitted he would be more than happy to extend his stay with Malaga.

"I am not preoccupied with my future, if somebody makes an offer for Malaga - then at that point it would be normal to look at the situation," he said.

"My dream is to play in a European competition and at the moment that is possible with Malaga.

"I have heard about the clubs following me, but I have not spoken with anyone.

"Personally, I am ambitious and like any footballer want to play as high as I can, but I would prefer not to think about this until the end of the season

• 2 weeks later...

Redknapp also said he was not planning a move for Rangers midfielder Pedro Mendes but did confirm he is interested in Ibrox youngster Daniel Wilson. (The Scottish Sun)

Getting to the stage where I hope the young lad goes because as long as we're a Club who play people who are finished enough in their own position nevermind out of position at the expense of promising youngsters then he's never going to play.

I've often wondered this season how a 39 year old Davie Weir has pretty much played 90 minutes of every match when this lads been sitting on the bench.

I don't even think Wilson was on the bench for the Inverness game in November but it's an example. 5-0 up at half time. Surely had he been on the bench the smart thing to do would be to take Weir off and give him a rest and give the lad some playing time.

If memory serves, both Edu and young McMillan were on the bench for this game and neither got a run out.

Baffling.

Anyway, rant over.

For almost the first time I can remember we have a really good crop of promising youngsters but WS seems afraid to play them. If EPL managers can see the quality we've got - and Redknapp isn't the first - then it is a crime not to give them 20 minutes here and there, maybe in CIS cup games for example. This is what Wenger and Fergie do and they have got much bigger squads than us.

If we let the Flecks and the Wilsons go with out giving them a proper chance then it is really the end of a great club. Rangers FC - 'Elephant's graveyard.'