A question for you. Win everything ugly, or win nowt playing wonderfully!?

All season nearly there's been rumours that Walter Smith will leave at the end of the season.

So, i got to wondering, what would Rangers fans prefer?

A.] Walter Smith to continue and do a Sir Alex and build for the future. This would be WS' empire if he continued and i couldnt really blame any Gers fan for wanting him to continue if he wins the league on Sunday.

Look at the stats after all, in his first half season back, he restructured Rangers from a disaster area to have us winning again.

He got us in his second season, to the UEFA cup final, a Scottish and League Cup Double and on the verge of a very impressive 4 trophies.

Many still say we only lost the league that year due to fixture congestion and a very unhelpful spl who refused to space out the games.

And, who knows in his third season? a Double with the biggest prize to come? the Scottish Premier League Championship, which is in his own hands to win with one game to go.

The bad side to WS is having to put up with his weird tactics, his poor transfer dealings, his playing older seemingly past it players, and the playing negatively and players out of position.

But, through all that is bad, i for one would take that if it won us the league from Celtic every season.

You honestly cannot fault the guy if he produces a league and cup double which was preceded by a major european final appearance and a cup double.

B.] Or, would you prefer another, bolder manager who would have the team playing beautiful, silky attacking football, destroying the lesser teams, but also one who may not manage to deliver the goods when the push comes to the shove.

A team that plays superbly doesn't always win things. And i for one am now beginning to realise that maybe, just maybe, we as Rangers supporters should have been more supportive of WS because if he delivers this title, it would be so hard to argue against what he has delivered to us.

He may walk anyway, and the signs are that he is tired, and fed up with the constant sniping and criticism.

That alone is spurring him on to get this league from Celtic, and i fear he may use up all his experience to win this league title.

So, it would be interesting to hear from you guys what you think would be the better for the club.

The chance to impress everyone with beautiful football, skillfull attacking players but no certainty of winning.

Or to take most of the prizes and seemingly 'win ugly' but nonetheless, WIN anyway!!!

Of course winning the ugly way but it sure would be boring to watch.

But you only need to look at Arsenal to decide. Wenger goes for perfection and playing better rather than winning trophies. And now Arsenal fans are getting frustrated now. Ok they see the best football on the planet at times but there is nothing at the end of the season now.

There is a fine balance. You can set up a team to be solid and ugly at the back then have a few flair players that will make you team play well on occassion and for spells in a game.

I think one other thing that could be added is fight and commitment. If a team doesnt have much talent then when you see them fighting for everyball you have to give them credit for trying. Some of our performances this season havent even had fight in them.

Given the choice - win ugly, no question.

This question is often put to me by the Smithites in response to my criticism of Walter. Which I have always found strange given the fact he has yet to win an SPL title since returning, playing ugly or not.

Since Le Guen left we have faired no better when it came to the League.

We have a chance to win the league on Sunday, it must be taken and it must be done with a win at Utd. No matter what the Dhims score is - this "we only have to match there score" needs to be left in the bin. Win it must be and win it bloody well better be.

WS had better get that into these players because to lose the league now would be one of the greatest failings of this club.

I couldn't give a feck how we win it tbh, even a couple of dives for penalties !!, we have seen the MOPES cheat their way to the title for so long now, I'd rather we went out and hammered them 5-0 playing superb football..............but we don't do that so I'll take any type of win

Since Le Guen left we have faired no better when it came to the League.

Nail on head. And no amount of "Aye but, more points, higher position, blah, blah" can get away from that. We're not a Dundee United or an Aberdeen whereby reaching a certain position in the league is deemed a successful season. We're The Famous Glasgow Rangers and it's title or nothing. Walter's had the same success as Le Guen had in the league - none. Put that to bed on Sunday Walter and I'll be a happy man.