Bougherra to Bordeaux For ââ??¬6million?

Madjid Bougherra has pledged to stay with Rangers despite strong interest in his services from Bordeaux.

The Algeria international defender, who moved to Ibrox from Charlton in a �£2.5million deal 12 months ago, had emerged as a target for Les Girondins.

But Bougherra insists he has no plans to leave Walter Smith's side and is looking forward to the challenge of UEFA Champions League football this season.

He said: "I love it here. It is a great and very big club. I have settled here and my progress is going like I want.

"I told Bordeaux thank-you for their interest but it is great for me to play for Rangers.

"I prefer to stay here, the Champions League is also here."

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud confirmed that the French champions were still looking to strengthen their squad ahead of the new season.

He told L'Equipe: "We are still looking for a central defender. Laurent Blanc has several names in his mind, we have not definitely set our choice."

Juventus' former France international Jonathan Zebina has been linked with Blanc's side, while a move for Nice's Onyekachi Apam has also been mooted.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5439318,00.html

Sounds to me like they wouldn't meet our valuation and Boogie is genuinely not unhappy to stay. I am still worried about them coming back with an improved offer, but then again if they do, hopefully we can strengthen.

In order to get an offer accepted they would need to almost double that 3 mill initial offer. Can't see them doing that.

Optimistic loyal !

Edited by craig
spelling

What is going on? Today, Blanc reckons a deal was basically done but Bougherra changed his mind, while Smith says there's been no contact at all.

Seems 100% clear that the player has been tapped-up via his agent. Bain said the other day that he was told by Boogie's agent there was a bid on its way.