Rangers 4 : 1 Hamilton - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Between Davis and Whittaker in a game which only showed how poor Accies are, (surely relegation certainties) and we were guilty of taking the foot so far off the gas we were in neutral for most of the proceedings.

We had a real chance to get into double figures and send out a message to the rest of the league, but we decided that with 2 weeks off until the next game, we would get into the holiday spirit rather early.

We can only hope those unfortunate enough to be playing International football over the next 10 days come back to the club injury-free and ready to go as the big stuff really starts from now on.

We had a real chance to get into double figures and send out a message to the rest of the league, but we decided that with 2 weeks off until the next game, we would get into the holiday spirit rather early.

Rangers are terrible for that. We did it under WS in his 1st stint in charge and we did it when AM was in charge and we're now doing it again in Smiths 2nd stint in charge.

Why do we feel the need to do it? It bugs the life out of me.

Between Davis and Whittaker in a game which only showed how poor Accies are, (surely relegation certainties) and we were guilty of taking the foot so far off the gas we were in neutral for most of the proceedings.

We can only hope those unfortunate enough to be playing International football over the next 10 days come back to the club injury-free and ready to go as the big stuff really starts from now on.

Couldnt agree more mate. Hamiltons performance was as bad as i can remember of any opposition and we really should have taken 7 or 8 off them. We ended up chatting amoungst our selves through most of the second half and the final whistle couldnt come quick enough.

There's some argumemts against that, though - it's a long season, and though I have little sympathy with cry-baby pro's who struggle, somehow, through a 50-60 day working year, tired minds or legs can come into it; also, there isn't much point in destroying an opponent to the degree of 10-0, all it does is fire them up for the next match. If we were trailing on goal difference with a few weeks of the season left, aye fair enough, but not in August.

There's some argumemts against that, though - it's a long season, and though I have little sympathy with cry-baby pro's who struggle, somehow, through a 50-60 day working year, tired minds or legs can come into it; also, there isn't much point in destroying an opponent to the degree of 10-0, all it does is fire them up for the next match. If we were trailing on goal difference with a few weeks of the season left, aye fair enough, but not in August.

But it isnt a 50-60 day working year. Their "job" entails matches AND training. It is far more than a 60 day working year, although it doesnt seem like it to the average punter.

I am not sure I agree with your final sentence - you should always be looking to score as many as you can - even if playing at a canter, against a weak team you should be able to score.

And why is goal difference less important in August than it is in April & May ? If you dont take care of the goal difference earlier in the season then it can be very difficult to overcome with 5 or 6 games left.

I know what you are getting at though and given how threadbare our squad is I can see why we would take our foot off the gas and I personally dont mind that as it should keep the players fresh.

But GD is as important at either end of the league season IMO.