From David Edgar

Hello folks,

Here's the latest info as I have it;

Ian Tudhope is effectively the Bain of MIH - he has quit. Despite the denials, it's strongly rumoured by people close to the situation that this is because of Muir. Essentially, Muir is running MIH now and, you can safely assume, is having the same impact that he is having at Rangers.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/busine...mpire-1.988277

This is absolutely criticial and flies in the face of what Murray and the bank have been saying about his role as an 'advisor'.

There will be more from Graham Duffy in the papers over the next few days which should answer questions on his credentials. However, he may or may not be involved as one of the main players in the most likely consortium. This consortium is made up of names you would know, and is very close to making its move.

The exact model of fans representation has not been agreed as there will need to be feasability studies done etc. For example, would Duffy's plan be unworkable? Is there more desire for a membership scheme etc. Supporters representation is however a key component to all members of the prospective consortium.

The plan is, as it always has been, to get the bank and the failed owner out of Ibrox officially and then instigate the major changes required, including fan ownership.

I know it is frustrating, waiting around for things to happen, but things ARE moving and it WILL happen.

If you can, get to the AGM, speak out against Lloyds and the previous regime and vote against Muir becoming a Director.

The next few days are crucial to the future of our club. If it all goes to plan, we'll start this new decade in style.

Why people spin something that is plainly stated to suit their own reasoning is an unknown. Taking the whole of the situation into perspective may give a totally different view, Murray brought Muir into do a job, he is doing it nothing more nothing less. Tudhope may or not be one of the reasons for the state of PPH.

@Spokespeople for both Lloyds ââ?¬â?? to which Murray International Holdings owes Ã?£759 million ââ?¬â?? and MIH insisted that Muir was not appointed by Lloyds Banking Group but by the boards of Rangers and PPG.

Muir is not currently on the board of Sir David�s holding company MIH. However, it is understood that the bank was not averse to the introduction of a fresh pair of eyes at board level.

A spokesman for Murray said PPG appointed Muir to its board because he would bring a fresh perspective to the group. One source close to PPG said that the company is moving in a different direction, with a greater emphasis on deleveraging and asset sales. He added that it is fair to say that the timing of Muir�s entrance and Tudhope�s exit was more than a coincidence.

In an interview published earlier this month, Muir said that in turnaround situations, ââ?¬Å?ââ?¬Â¦there are always casualties. I liken my job to walking into a train crash. I have five minutes to assess whoââ?¬â?¢s still alive and can help me work on the others, to revive and motivate them, and then take the company forward.ââ?¬Â@

As always you either believe the official line, with the constraints imposed on it by law, or someone from a body removed from the actual process, that is an irrelevancy in the scheme of things. The choice is yours.

There's no great pleasure in continually repeating the same thing but this notion of anyone being "anti-RST" really does need refuting. Some things most certainly are being criticised but not the existence of a Rangers Supporters Trust.

I have yet to find any Rangers supporter, posting on any message board, who has expressed hinself/herself as anti-RST. Not once. If any of those posting here know different then please show the example. Otherwise, please stop the defence of a false premise.

What is under scrutiny here and what I, among others, are vigorously critical of is the performance of the Trust, together with the strategy and conduct of some of its leading lights. No one wants an end to the RST - quite the opposite. We want to see an end to the dysfunctional nonsense that has hobbled its achievements, particularly during the last two year, and we want to see a RST growing in size and influence.

I have several times advocated that the RST should be the only body representing Rangers fans and an end to all other existing organisations. But not until it is flushed clean of the personality cult that currently drives and ruins it.

So please, let's all stop this shite about an "anti-RST" sentiment that simply does not exist. The RST is not Mark Dingwall or Stephen Smith and the sooner they accept that fact, the sooner the RST can start functioning again.

I think this sums up the thoughts and feelings of many maineflyer and the point you make about present RST board members is very succinct , it is very very easy to make constructive critiscism turn into a negative by focusing on personalities ,I see this every day in my organisation where bad managers make any suggestions or well critiscism's into attacks on them as it deflect's and dilutes the point .

Management of all types , and Murray was a master of this in his early haydays , made people who critiscized him out to be negative and anti Rangers , and it certainly quietened a lot of journalists , bullshit baffles brains as they say.

At present we have an RST board faced with , for possibly the only time , an opportunity to get what they want and we all want Fan ownership . Certain RST members have went further than others , however some are a wee bit more wise , as one quoted on a FF debate tonight , and I have included the whole post in case I am accused of selective posting , the highlighted part is the interesting it.

Well said! During the GersPride conference I had a chance to speak with James Proctor, who is the development officer for supporters direct Scotland and a Raith Rovers fan. I asked him how on earth, particularly with the time constraints involved, we get a huge fanbase together that is as split in so many ways as ours. Needless to say James didn't know but reckoned where to start would be to find common ground with each faction, ie the betterment of Rangers Football Club. How we achieve that and with whom is where the fractures re-emerge! Now our current chairman was installed with the mandate to find the club a buyer. Many, including myself, thought this was a great move as AJ is one of the most well connected men in sport today, and a wealthy man to boot. From the outside looming in it would appear the extent of his efforts so far would appear to be "Gonnae pyoor buy ra club n'at" to a group of corporate guests pre match in Bucharest. Indeed it seems while AJ dithers, the fans are taking it upon themselves to try and get this done asap.

The trust, and the assembly and association (but mainly the trust IMHO) will stand or fall according to what happens next. Get a result and they will stand vindicated of all allegations directed at them. However if this consortium are not the real deal, not serious bidders or don't have the credentials or the clout then the trust IMHO are dead in the water for all time. They will never be taken seriously again. Not by the fans nor any other interested parties and certainly not by the club. This is why I expressed my concern to David Edgar this morning about lumping all the trust's eggs into one (consortium) basket.

Now I am not on here to stick up for anyone but the posters on here who constructively critiscize the RST board , IMHO are only saying what the poster above is saying and if god help us that happens we are really knackered , we need to stick together but when there is any critiscism from outside FF or even from long established posters the cry goes out , " they have a problem with the RST" , " they would prefer Rangers to fail rather than support us " instead of actually reading what is being posted or listening to the tone of the post .

A prime example was Boss's expose of Duffy , now I am no business guru but my wife owns and runs a very successful small manufacturing company and is responsible for finance and though she's knows the square root of heehaw about football she is very savey about company accounts , when she read his article I asked her what her opinion was of Duffy , needless to say it was less than impressive bordering on him being a crook , her words not mine , now the point of this was , instead of reacting in a positive manner and answering these points , what transpired was a hatchet job of not only Boss but just about everyone else that happened to agree with the points raised .

My head is totally done in after reading all the various posts from people much smarter than this average bear , but what I do know is we will live or die as a support over this issue , for it has the ability to either split us assunder or alternatively unite us into the support we should be that can drive this club forward to successes not even imaginable a few months ago , the people who sit on the assembly , association and RST must be made aware of their position and the need for their personnal ambitions to be put a side for the greater good .

We have a wealth of knowledge out here in webland it should be utilised not derided .

Edited by rbr

A very fair post rbr and one we'd all do well to read and absorb.

Like you say, I'd much prefer personal criticisms and pointless insults are left aside for the good of everyone. On here that seems to happen pretty well so it's a shame it doesn't elsewhere but we're all big enough and ugly enough not to let a bit of name-calling get us down for too long.

Hopefully we can channel this into continued constructive debate about the next few weeks as it is going to be a fascinating time for us all. We're lucky to have UCB helping us out from a Trust perspective so I hope he looks forward to answering more of our queries in the courteous manner he has shown so far. I'm confident we'll afford him the same respect.

With a bit of luck the same might happen elsewhere... :)

I am a recently joined member of Gersnet and I have to say with all due respect to everyone, but you are all a bit of a Rangers Anoraks. I have been a Rangers supporter for 45 years and before I started to post on this forum I honestly knew nothing of the various factions of Rangers supporters. I had of course heard the names banded about, RST, The Assembly etc, but I had no idea of their function or ideology. I may again be ignorant of this, but I think the majority of fans don’t care much about any of those organisations, simply because they seem exclusive to the ordinary Bear on the terracing (stand). There is a vast untapped reservoir of supporter who has no allegiance to any body but would like to become involved at a deeper level than they are currently at, the group who can successfully tap into this reservoir will have the loyalty of these fan. And by far the biggest vote to secure any mandate put before the Rangers family.

I am a recently joined member of Gersnet and I have to say with all due respect to everyone, but you are all a bit of a Rangers Anoraks.

As so soon ye shall be.... muhahahaha..... welcome to the forum :D

I am a recently joined member of Gersnet and I have to say with all due respect to everyone, but you are all a bit of a Rangers Anoraks. I have been a Rangers supporter for 45 years and before I started to post on this forum I honestly knew nothing of the various factions of Rangers supporters. I had of course heard the names banded about, RST, The Assembly etc, but I had no idea of their function or ideology. I may again be ignorant of this, but I think the majority of fans don�t care much about any of those organisations, simply because they seem exclusive to the ordinary Bear on the terracing (stand). There is a vast untapped reservoir of supporter who has no allegiance to any body but would like to become involved at a deeper level than they are currently at, the group who can successfully tap into this reservoir will have the loyalty of these fan. And by far the biggest vote to secure any mandate put before the Rangers family.

Welcome aboard mate , what you say is very true ,but there is also a great deal of apathy about Rangers supporters in general and that has been around since we were spoiled by Murray's first great ten years when everything was possible , NIAR delivered , players arrived and went at a great speed , we were indestructable , even european defeats were allowed in the great NIAR chase , a small few either Number 8 or the Gub wrote in the FF fanzine about the disaster that was about to happen and the majority myself included , oh how we laughed , who's laughing now.

I remember the fans protesting against John Greig's teams and outside the stadium , eventually they let their feet do the talking and change happened though that was a different era , the majority fans of today will and have accepted what ever dross is put in front of them and they still return .

The online community is very very small and in this community there is and are a small number with way too much of a high opinion of themselves , take your time , read the posts and make your own mind up , however do not be averse to new ideas or even polar opposites , there are many very very clever people on here .

However I have one wish above all and that is one day soon we are all posting about the games and the players on the park and the politics are a long long memory

Coming across as rather bitter for reasons unbeknown to myself.

Mark or Stephen certainly do not class themselves as 'The RST.'

I can understand why people perceive you and others to have anti RST sentiments. The reason for this is personal agendas and problems that have been encountered in the past have caused others and perhaps yourself to take a dislike for members of the board so much so that when the RST is spoken of by yourself and others its always with a negative tone. Maybe that's why people believe you to be anti-RST even though it's obvious to me you care even if you're opinions are a little bit....interesting.

Sorry, can't let you away with that. Firstly, I wouldn't know Mark Dingwall or Stephen Smith if I met them, which I never have. Never even spoken with them. I have no personal axes to grind with them or any other RST board member - and I don't come across them in either a personal or professional sense.

You have no basis to judge my contribution as "rather bitter" and, frankly, neither those individuals nor the RST in general make sufficient impact in my life to generate such an emotion. That you chose to hang out this sort of personal flag says everything to me about where you've come from in a debating sense.

You don't need to perceive anything, honestly or otherwise. I'm telling you categorically that I am not anti-RST. If you had bothered to check, you would see the evidence that I have been posting the same thing for a very long time and have been entirely consistent in this point. Which prompts the question why you would continue to skew a debate by denying what has been placed explicitly in front of you? After all, as you posted elsewhere with respect to the RST, "Criticism should be welcomed and taken on board"

My advice, which few should object to, is to stick to the facts and stick to a more honest approach in these matters. Much as you want to promote your personal perspective, which no one is denying you, please don't try to do this by casting aspersions where they don't belong.

Edited by maineflyer

I am a recently joined member of Gersnet and I have to say with all due respect to everyone, but you are all a bit of a Rangers Anoraks. I have been a Rangers supporter for 45 years and before I started to post on this forum I honestly knew nothing of the various factions of Rangers supporters. I had of course heard the names banded about, RST, The Assembly etc, but I had no idea of their function or ideology. I may again be ignorant of this, but I think the majority of fans don�t care much about any of those organisations, simply because they seem exclusive to the ordinary Bear on the terracing (stand). There is a vast untapped reservoir of supporter who has no allegiance to any body but would like to become involved at a deeper level than they are currently at, the group who can successfully tap into this reservoir will have the loyalty of these fan. And by far the biggest vote to secure any mandate put before the Rangers family.

Good post mate, and welcome.

Welcome aboard mate , what you say is very true ,but there is also a great deal of apathy about Rangers supporters in general and that has been around since we were spoiled by Murray's first great ten years when everything was possible , NIAR delivered , players arrived and went at a great speed , we were indestructable , even european defeats were allowed in the great NIAR chase , a small few either Number 8 or the Gub wrote in the FF fanzine about the disaster that was about to happen and the majority myself included , oh how we laughed , who's laughing now.

I remember the fans protesting against John Greig's teams and outside the stadium , eventually they let their feet do the talking and change happened though that was a different era , the majority fans of today will and have accepted what ever dross is put in front of them and they still return .

The online community is very very small and in this community there is and are a small number with way too much of a high opinion of themselves , take your time , read the posts and make your own mind up , however do not be averse to new ideas or even polar opposites , there are many very very clever people on here .

However I have one wish above all and that is one day soon we are all posting about the games and the players on the park and the politics are a long long memory

I will second that.

Although these are very interesting times be it good or bad.

Not sure about anaraks but if the cap fits... ;)

However the rest of your post is completely correct. Gersnet members and the online supporters base is one tiny fraction of the whole Rangers support - even smaller when we factor in those who can't attend Ibrox. As such, while we're vocal, we're not the important ones to reach whenever any ownership model gets rolled out.