Douglas Park - Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It

One things for sure whoever becomes the new owner, consortium or individual, they will not be using their own money.

Anyone putting their own money into a football club will lose it quickly. I think i read recently a lottery winner lost all his money buying into Livingstone. I would say a good sponsor to pay off our debt and then run the club in a profitable way is the best we can hope for.

Anyone putting their own money into a football club will lose it quickly. I think i read recently a lottery winner lost all his money buying into Livingstone. I would say a good sponsor to pay off our debt and then run the club in a profitable way is the best we can hope for.

Your thinking of John McGuiness who has since settled out of court with Willie Haughey who he accused of conning him losing him al his money.

Your thinking of John McGuiness who has since settled out of court with Willie Haughey who he accused of conning him losing him al his money.

Aye, that's the chap. He didn't lose all his money investing in Livingstone FC though; he was a total fool with his money. He won �£10m and threw most of it away on stupid shit & lavish gifts. At one point he had 5 or 6 super-cars like Ferrari's, Bentleys etc all sitting in his driveway in Larkhall. I think it was about 3 or 4 million he invested in Livi, but I don't know how much he got back out of that settlement you're talking about.

I don't know how relevant it is but what age is Douglas Park? Does he have a long term sustanaible plan? SDM has grown tired of Rangers and his siblings have no interest in Rangers. Does he have the necessary funds on his own? What are his timescales - before the end of the season or in the summer after we have lost some of our best assets?

I don't know how relevant it is but what age is Douglas Park? Does he have a long term sustanaible plan? SDM has grown tired of Rangers and his siblings have no interest in Rangers. Does he have the necessary funds on his own? What are his timescales - before the end of the season or in the summer after we have lost some of our best assets?

That is the whole point of the article.

We just dont know what his plans are, if he has enough funds, what timescale he is working to, because he refuses to go public and get the fans behind him.

If the rumours are true, he has been working this deal long enough to surely be in a position to make a public statement either way. He must surely see that the fans would get behind him if he is serious about buying out Murray.

If the rumours of his bid are untrue, it is the easiest thing in the world to release a statement confirming that he is not interested.

It is the middle ground of refusing to say anything publicly one way or the other that is having a negative impact on the fans.

That is the whole point of the article.

We just dont know what his plans are, if he has enough funds, what timescale he is working to, because he refuses to go public and get the fans behind him.

If the rumours are true, he has been working this deal long enough to surely be in a position to make a public statement either way. He must surely see that the fans would get behind him if he is serious about buying out Murray.

If the rumours of his bid are untrue, it is the easiest thing in the world to release a statement confirming that he is not interested.

It is the middle ground of refusing to say anything publicly one way or the other that is having a negative impact on the fans.

Maybe I ran off topic a little I was looking for more information on Mr Park - age, health etc? Everyone's heard of Parks Motor Group and Parks Buses etc but very little is known about Mr Park - he may be a lifelong fan I don't know - very similar to Dave King in that we don't know who they are and can they be trusted or are they akin to David Murray?

No I think I knew what you were meaning when I answered your post, and my answer still stands.

If they are not interested come out and tell everyone.

Similarly, if they are considering buying the club, make yourself public and answer both the personal and business questions like yours and many others.

For something that would be so easy to do, and would more than likely find support from the fans, and reluctance to do so must leave us questioning either their motives or their judgement.

Even the most strict confidentiality clause would not prevent a statement being issued saying who they are and that they are in talks, at whatever stage, with a view to buying the club.

And that goes for anyone out there looking to buy the club, not just the Park family.

I can understand their reticence if it makes their bargaining position weaker, as it's fundamentally a business transaction. But I can't for the life of me think how that could possibly be the case. You would think that any case that incorporated the fans would force Murray's "I have the best interests of the club and its future at heart" pretensions.

Edited by bmck