Took almost 2 years for the fans to chant his name - I don't Johnstone ever had his name chanted iirc.

When Kenny Miller was on our radar far back as Spring 2008, well, we were all gutted weren't we? We all filled our heads with despair, that Walter and Ally had 'lost the plot', yours truly writing at the time that this was one of the biggest gambles of Smith's career.

The day I saw Miller on our club's website in a Rangers jersey was a day which will stay with me. I was filled with horror, that this turncoat sub-par player was going to adorn our light blue.

His club career had been littered with fairly average returns, with no period really standing out as good - Wolves, Derby, ourselves, and of course that lot over there had seen mediocrity with only the most sparing purple patch.

I had a builder up, a fellow bear, and I mentioned to him my disgust at this signing - his reply was 'when's he been at his best?'.

Answer? Scotland. Under the management of Walter Smith and Ally McCoist.

I really didn't have a strong argument in protest - my feelings remained the same but he had a point and my mind was minorly open to Miller now.

On Sunday he showed yet again why he's been one of the best signings Walter's ever made. He might not do it in every game, he might at times lose form (ok, *does* at times lose form) and occasionally his first touch is worse than Weir's punting.

But he has never ever hidden, always works hard, has the stamina of a horse, and is 100% committed to the club he plays for. And when it really counted, and counts, he's produced the big moments on the big stage. Naismith's cross was fantastic, as was his run, but from that distance, getting a header as perfect as that took skill, guts, and sheer quality - and that's what Miller can be.

Walter Smith and Ally McCoist get the best out of him, and truly now, having heard the fans chant his name, I hope he finally feels accepted. I got over myself by about October 2008 - looks like many of the rest of us are now finally following suit.

There really is only one Kenny Miller and I am very, very glad I was so wrong about him.

Yeah, 2 goals last season at Parkhead put a bit of history behind many of us and his contribution this season - both in terms of goals and link-play - has been a valuable one.

Like you, I wasn't too happy when we brought him back as I felt Novo was just as good to partner Boyd but it has proven to be a decent signing over the piece. More goals to secure the title will cement that.

:)

Well done for turning a I-was-right-at-the-start story into a I-was-right-nearly-at-the-start story, but I cant disagree. Good post. Miller is a frustrating player who it is hard to really, really like - but he has done it enough when its counted now for WS to be proved thoroughly right in signing him.

I was disappointed we signed him, I was also disappointed at the amount of strikers we signed. Plus we couldn't bloody beat Kanuas with him upfront. He has turned it around though and has done really well. He has had his best return at club level for ages with goals.

He's changed my opinion of him slightly because when we signed him I rated him as a rank rotten crisp poke chaser who was thoroughly deserving of the nickname 'Misser'. Even for Scotland, despite being a trier, a grafter, I've always considered him as over-rated and undeserving of being an automatic pick up front. Since he came back to Rangers though, he's literally transformed his career, completely turning it around from what can only be described as an underachieving and far from sparkling spell down south, to a period of success, winning trophies and importantly for everyone - playing the best football he's played in years.

Having said all that, I still consider him as very inconsistent and often utterly useless. He does have his moments as we've seen quite a few times this season and his goal count alone is proof that he's pulling his weight. However, when we eventually replace Miller it would be appreciated if we did so with a player who virtually always has a good touch, who doesn't continually give the ball away and who is basically a class above Miller. We've already got players who don't have a real classy touch, so it would be nice not to keep bringing more of them in.

Do you mean Mo Johnston? His chant was "Mo, Mo, Super Mo"...

Yip MoJo had has named chanted on a few occassions, usually after he scored against the tims!

Great to hear Millers named being chanted - he deserves it as hes played well since his return.

Cammy F

Calm down lads. Miller got one thing right on Sunday, otherwise he was as profligate and talentless as ever. He did the hard thing right and not for the first time but, please, don't anyone get so carried away as to say Kenny Miller is a good football player. That would be ridiculous and would fly in the facte of what everyone can see with their own eyes.

Grateful for that goal on Sunday? Of course. Congratulations to Kenny Miller? Naturally. But hold the gushing admiration because he still couldn't trap a bag of cement or hit a hillside with his banjo.