Mowbray had another dig...

He can sugar-coat his philosophical stance all he likes - at the end of it all football is a results-driven business, nevermoreso exemplified by the two horse race that is the SPL.

The reality is that Walter Smith knows what it takes to win trophies in Scotland whilst Tony Mowbray, for all his posturing, does not. Walter's "pragmatic" approach (dull, boring, defensively resolute - all those superlatives get trotted out by Timmy mhedia - yet we have scored more goals than them this season and with two games less played) has proven itself - and you can bet the Tim support would prefer that pragmatic approach to the one they got from "swashbuckling Tony" (dont listen to their "that isnt the Celtic way" pish - they would, almost to a man, rip your hand off to be where we are in terms of competition this season).

And you can bet that Mowbray will be, right now, wishing he wasnt quite so cavalier in his approach because, had he been a bit more tactically aware (ohhhh, and actually improved a shocking defence) then he might actually possibly still be in a job.

Walter hasn't, and won't, lose any sleep over your "I cant play that way" comments Tony - and who has the last laugh on that subject area ??

I'm still waiting for the slightest hint that wabash is indeed a Rangers fan. Hardhat on but surely I'm not the only one wondering?

I haven't seen any hint that he's not a bear. You're making a big call here - what makes you think wabash isn't a Rangers supporter?

did martin o'neill play football the celtc way?

no....he got results with a load of big guys who were well organised. All this 'cavalier football' stuff from celtc is a myth...but it did indulge mowbray to play out his footballing fantasies and allow the Ted's to run away with the league...so, maybe not such a bad thing after all.

no....he got results with a load of big guys who were well organised. All this 'cavalier football' stuff from celtc is a myth...but it did indulge mowbray to play out his footballing fantasies and allow the Ted's to run away with the league...so, maybe not such a bad thing after all.

Of course it's a crock. They know it and we know it but their real targets are the people who don't know it. It's of no concern to them that the myth is based on bullshit, only that it gets spread and that the gullible continue to swallow it.

Lets keep timmy aspersions to PM etc. If wabash were a Celtic supporter this would be the mst pathetic and fruitless endeavour ever - going to all those lengths to fake an interest in rangers to "wind up" the most moderate and least easily wound up fans online would be actions tantamount to genuine mental instability. It may seem weird that you couldnt put a bit of paper between MF and wabashs bleak outlook, though it seems to cause pain in MF and delight in wabash, but i reckon he just really likes being right :D Lets keep on topic!

Their bitterness knows no bounds and they chased their most successful manager since stein out the door for not playing the 'celtc way'...now they're left with a half empty stadium, a team full of posers and job no-one of any note wants...so, if the myth keeps them warm at night...long may it continue. They can have their delusions...we'll have the glory.

We are the people!

I will only say that to have come through the personal tragedies that TM has takes a lot of personal courage, people should put the football side of matters into perspective and let the man leave with dignity, is that to much to look for.

He wrote a bloody book about it. If I lose the love of my life, the last f'ing thing I'm going to be thinking about doing is writing a book about it unless I'm actually a writer in the first place. Let him leave with dignity? When did Tony Mowbray actually have any dignity?

Burns played the "celtic way". At least they claimed he did, though again their ability to play swashbuckling football was overstated. And he was ultimately unsuccesful.

Mowbray again they claim played the "celtic way". Though the stats show they are actually a less attacking team than Rangers and again he was unsuccesful.

So playing total football is in fact a myth and the "Celtic way" merely means being inferior to Rangers?

Yet O'Neill did not play in the fabled "Celtic way", but was accepted as he was "Celtic minded". Now Mowbray was "celtic minded" til he failed to deliver success.

So to be accepted as a Celtic manager you need play the "Celtic way", except you don't play the "Celtic way" and are a pragmatic winner who is "Celtic minded" (O'Neill). Unless you are unsuccesful and you then become not "Celtic minded" (Mowbray). Heaven forbid you are succesful but not "Celtic minded", however, as you will be chased out the door (Strachan). :confused:

Fucked if I know what they want. Fucked if they know what they want. It's all a load of bollocks, whereby the only thing that really matters is that you appeal to their bigotted ideals. Strachan's departure was more acrimonious than Tony the 4th.

When Scotland's real shame just start picking their employees based on their competency for the job and ignore any Irish Catholic heritage and support them based on their results and achievements is the time they might actually sort themselves out. Celtic minded, Celtic way, Celtic family. Celtic pish more like.

I haven't seen any hint that he's not a bear. You're making a big call here - what makes you think wabash isn't a Rangers supporter?

I think he's similar to a certain self hating and constant complaining brand of supporter that is all too common these days, regardless of age.

The Internet has a lot to answer for, it's given supporters voices they never had before and lets them say things they probably never would have before.

The fact he has very little positive to say about the club is indicative of the depressing behaviour of a significant number of fans. Won't say anything when things go well, soon as they go badly he's the first one on his soapbox.