Rangers FC no longer for sale

I don't think people have necessarily called you a liar per se; just that your information may be wrong.

But, yes, if I had taken the flak you have had (often unreasonable and unfair) I'd be smug as well! :devil:

Anyway, we're treading back onto shaky ground here lads, so let's keep on topic. :)

When you think about it though, 260 posts in the absence of facts or any hard information is bound to be at least a bit shaky... or is it flaky? I don't think anyone has been treated particularly harshly here; although some of the other websites have been less tolerant. The real problem is that it deflects attention from the main issue of how Rangers will be run, rather than who will be doing that running.

Indeed.

I don't understand the high 5s we've seen because Ellis may finally buy. Sure, a change is as good as a holiday but even with the flaws/mistakes of the Murray reign and the stress of the bank's influence; sometimes it is better the devil you know.

I'm hoping we're at the stage of the Rangers buy-out committee formulating their response to the Ellis plan. Their opinion will be valuable - if ultimately impotent.

It would be good to know if the supporters representatives were also in receipt of this plan and/or attempting to organise a pro-active (or pre-active) response to it!

In my mind the Rangers buy-out committee was only formed in the (un)likely event that certain non-executive directors made a bid of their own.

we are all rangers fans we should all have one goal and that is for new ownership asap murray was great for rangers till summer 2003 but then he lost his ambition

I can't agree that Murray was ever "great" for Rangers but, insomuch as ambition can be a substitute for judgement and direction, there may have been a few early years when his ambition did serve to maintain the momentum that his predecessor had already established. I could argue that his ambition died when it could no longer cover his fundamental lack of leadership and genuine intent for the club.

Surely we are all Rangers fans and that is why none of us could stomach more of the same under the ownership of another businessman who arrives with no platform of emotional ties to the club.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
When you think about it though, 260 posts in the absence of facts or any hard information is bound to be at least a bit shaky... or is it flaky? I don't think anyone has been treated particularly harshly here; although some of the other websites have been less tolerant. The real problem is that it deflects attention from the main issue of how Rangers will be run, rather than who will be doing that running.

Well, there is a lovely big post over the page for you to get right into, go for it, answers rarely come from one man talking at people.

I can't agree that Murray was ever "great" for Rangers but, insomuch as ambition can be a substitute for judgement and direction, there may have been a few early years when his ambition did serve to maintain the momentum that his predecessor had already established. I could argue that his ambition died when it could no longer cover his fundamental lack of leadership and genuine intent for the club.

Surely we are all Rangers fans and that is why none of us could stomach more of the same under the ownership of another businessman who arrives with no platform of emotional ties to the club.

mate it is not ellis money though it is someone elses :)

Crack the whip more often Frankie, some good posts coming out today :D

I agree with N_L in that the property angle is not necessarily a bad thing.

It's been mentioned to me that if Ellis takes over the club, regenerates Hinshelwood and the surrounding area, puts the club on a sound(er) financial footing and skims some profits off the top then he is still taking money from the club which he shouldn't be doing.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a deal being mutually beneficial to both parties. It may be the only way we can get ourselves on an even keel and due to the lack of other investors, may be the only option we have right now.

In my mind the Rangers buy-out committee was only formed in the (un)likely event that certain non-executive directors made a bid of their own.

In essence I agree with that but I'd have thought they'll still have to make a report now on whoever bids - if anyone.

:)

Well, there is a lovely big post over the page for you to get right into, go for it, answers rarely come from one man talking at people.

Sorry N_L, I'm clean out of clairvoyance today, you're going to have to explain what you're talking about... what post, what page, what answers, who's talking?

mate it is not ellis money though it is someone elses :)

How do you know that, what's your evidence or basis for conjecture? If you have any evidence, who's money is it? And I don't think I mentioned Ellis specifically.