Rangers FC no longer for sale

They are owned by Rangers Development Fund Ltd which is kind of independent of the club. From memory there are a couple of the club's directors on the board of it, together with guys like Colin Stewart and Satty Singh.

Murray would have no control of it after selling his shares.

Ah ok! Is this is the 'sort of subsidiary Co.' which funds our youth development?

What was Ellis like as Northampton Town chairman, anoyone know?

He didn't last long, saying that he didn't have time for it when he left, but his partner stayed on there. Google 'Ellis Northampton' and you'll find plenty of info.

I know you never asked me but in all seriousness, I still have significant doubts about this happening.

Few people sailing close to the line legally if thats the case.

The devil is in the detail though. This statement on the stock exchange covers backsides no matter whether the deal goes through or not. In fact, the only backsides it doesn't cover are those belonging to people who said it was definitely a done deal - and unsurprisingly, none of those people will be subject to anything other than internet banter.

In all seriouness, do you honestly still think this won't happen?

I believe it will not happen, but why this long drawn out fiasco is anyone's guess, that's what Minty does best keeps us guessing and always to his advantage. The statement from the stock exchange throws up more questions than it answers, it was allegedly previously a done deal or claimed to be, we have a statement from the SE stating no deal is imminent or price agreed.

The whole episode is becoming more than farcial, it would be good if someone like Bluedell good major the "known facts" together and only verifiable facts, and give a layman's terms overview of the position as it stands at this moment. I am aware if Ellis had denied the DM story, he would have disqualified himself from any bidding for six months, to have done so would have been amateurish in the extreme, and served no purpose other than disqualification.

I am in agreement with most that Minty's time has passed, but it would be foolish to even attempt to second guess him, while all this is going on Minty is allegedly maintaining a "dignified" silence, when all is said and done we are not any further forward than when Ellis first came on the scene.

Another step in the right direction surely, an encouraging sign? If nothing was progressing, then why would this announcement be made? Sure, we don't know any more than we did yesterday, but does this not at least give us hope?

On the other hand....

skeptical.jpg

I'm as sceptical as the hippo, unsure what they will bring to the table and unsure about being arab backed...