Rangers FC no longer for sale

Naw your OK Scotty......I remember you weel tearing doon the right wing, and it wiz a real T bladder in those days, made in Partick by John Tomlinsons on Dumbarton road next to Partick station, just down from Woolies...aye those were the days, you didn't need a degree in skulduggery to watch the fitba....:)

Ah....'You make me feel so young..":)

Ah....'You make me feel so young..":)

Aye you were lucky enough to play with a full back who was as good as any winger too, the great Eric Caldow....are you listening ashley cole ya fud, it brings a mist to my eye when I think of those wonderful days and getting locked out of Ibrox on a Wednesday night for a league cup game against Motherwell, fantastic crowds fantastic days, never will I see the likes again...:robbo::)

Found this succinct analysis on RM very funny (and probably not as crazy at it sounds)...! :D

Let me see if I've got this right...

Rangers is soon to be purchased by an Arab Cockney from Leeds who once bought Northampton Town in a bad mood because he couldn't buy Queens Park Rangers from his Dad.

Sir David Murray is happy to sell with the proviso that he still owns the club after the sale.

Sir David is planning to sell the club for a second time to a man called Dave King who will finance the deal with money he stole from the South African taxman.

Sir David will use these funds to pay back money he stole from the British taxman.

The deal will definitely go through on Friday morning and it is categorically on the brink of collapse tonight.

The whole deal is underwritten by a branch of Lloyds of London in Qatar.

I hope my analysis doesn't break any stock market rules...

"Nothing like closing the stable door when the horse has bolted."

My information from NARSA - Blows today's media stories out of the water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started a thread on Friday about my info from NARSA and those of you who saw it will see that I was honest enough to admit that much of what I said was right, other parts weren't.

As I told many of you privately, there was a rumour that Andrew Ellis himself was going to be at NARSA. This turned out to be kiech.

Sometimes when you ask a straight question, you get a straight answer. The NARSA board had a 'meeting before the meeting' with AJ, Watty and Bain on Friday, which is where Ellis was rumoured to make an appearance.

In my infinite wisdom, I specifically asked after the event to someone who may be able to find out if Andrew Ellis himself was in attendance.

The answer I got was 'No, but everyone else is'....to which I assumed he meant everyone else from the club.

Interestingly enough, I began to have serious doubts over the weekend, given that everyone in Vegas was there for a good time and probably couldn't be bothered to call for a chat, I left it at that and assumed there'd been some sort of misunderstanding. But the more I thought about it, the more frustrated I got. How could you get something like that wrong?

That led to be a couple of days later when I managed to catch up with some people who were in attendance.

The answer I received to the question about Andrew Ellis being at NARSA was the correct one.

But as it turned out, maybe I asked the wrong question?

If only I'd asked 'Is Chris Akers there'?

I'm pretty sure I would've got a more positive answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by BdTS; Today at 09:52.

"Nothing like closing the stable door when the horse has bolted."

My information from NARSA - Blows today's media stories out of the water.

I started a thread on Friday about my info from NARSA and those of you who saw it will see that I was honest enough to admit that much of what I said was right, other parts weren't.

As I told many of you privately, there was a rumour that Andrew Ellis himself was going to be at NARSA. This turned out to be kiech.

Sometimes when you ask a straight question, you get a straight answer. The NARSA board had a 'meeting before the meeting' with AJ, Watty and Bain on Friday, which is where Ellis was rumoured to make an appearance.

In my infinite wisdom, I specifically asked after the event to someone who may be able to find out if Andrew Ellis himself was in attendance.

The answer I got was 'No, but everyone else is'....to which I assumed he meant everyone else from the club.

Interestingly enough, I began to have serious doubts over the weekend, given that everyone in Vegas was there for a good time and probably couldn't be bothered to call for a chat, I left it at that and assumed there'd been some sort of misunderstanding. But the more I thought about it, the more frustrated I got. How could you get something like that wrong?

That led to be a couple of days later when I managed to catch up with some people who were in attendance.

The answer I received to the question about Andrew Ellis being at NARSA was the correct one.

But as it turned out, maybe I asked the wrong question?

If only I'd asked 'Is Chris Akers there'?

I'm pretty sure I would've got a more positive answer.

Last edited by BdTS; Today at 09:52.

I wish you would make it clear where you are quoting from... BdTS posts on this board too...

That post was from FF earlier.

BdTS' source is a good one but, like them all, is perhaps not helping the situation by releasing contradictory information depending on the day of the week.

NARSA, the Trust, the Assembly - whoever your fan group of choice - need to stop using friends on forums and actually go to their members with some information which allows us to form an educated opinion on current events.

I wish you would make it clear where you are quoting from... BdTS posts on this board too...

And most welcome he is to, I find him most affable and fights his corner extremely well, as I must say does NL and RBR, because I may see things differently doesn't make them bad people, it just means we have different views as to the same end....how Minty goes..:)

ETA........I may not like it but I accept it, there is only one source that matters and that is the Mint.

Edited by wabashcannonball

Just to add fuel to an already out of control fire, STV are now backtracking, maybe someone actually read the LSE brief and understood it, eventually.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/182074-no-certainty-that-offer-for-rangers-will-be-made/

All they've done there is actually read the statement that we've all read. Its the same as the other media outlets, they've all got access to the same facts, but will choose how to represent those facts.

Their own sources notwithstanding obviously. But we all know about those pesky sources....

Just to add fuel to an already out of control fire, STV are now backtracking, maybe someone actually read the LSE brief and understood it, eventually.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/182074-no-certainty-that-offer-for-rangers-will-be-made/

STV use juniors to update their website based upon the morning's papers mate.

As for the Stock Exchange announcement, I still believe that was a formality, and the ambiguity is just there to cover the back of both parties.