Rangers FC no longer for sale

What ever happens I only hope this whole sad episode is done before the summer gets too much further on , player recruitment is an absolute necessity

I'd agree with you and MF. We need to start the ball rolling now (or more correctly, we should have started a few month ago.)

The longer the situation is in limbo, the more harm it is doing.

Edited by Bluedell

I'd just like to interrupt the flow here to offer my congratulations to OnlyOneAmoruso on his recent elevation.:)

That's what happens when you have friends in high places , he doesn't know what he has let himself in for , now I want a fair fight no gouging or kicking:whistle:

That's what happens when you have friends in high places , he doesn't know what he has let himself in for , now I want a fair fight no gouging or kicking:whistle:

Oh he's a natural target, don't you think. It's just important to make the rumours realistic enough to be believable.:box:

Another day in fairy dell......

THE deal which could end Sir David Murray's Ibrox reign WON'T be sealed by the weekend.

SunSport revealed yesterday how London-based property tycoon Andrew Ellis is fast closing in on a deal to buy Rangers.

That was confirmed in a statement issued by Ellis' company last night which admitted negotiations are at an 'advanced' stage.

Suggestions the takeover will be completed by Friday were described as premature by both parties. Sources close to the Ellis consortium, and Gers owner Murray, insisted NO agreement has yet been finalised.

Talks between Ellis - who is being backed by Arab investors - and the Murray Group ARE on-going, but the Ibrox takeover saga now looks set to rumble on.

Ellis remains the ONLY interested party and, with former Leeds chairman Chris Akers, he is working on a �£33million buy-out that would wipe out most of Rangers' debts.

He's still some way short of acquiring Murray's controlling interest in Gers.

If a deal is not done, SunSport understands that Murray would have no hesitation in taking the club OFF the market.A source close to the deal last night told SunSport: "It will not be done by Friday. Talks are still going on but it's not reached a conclusion yet."

The news will further frustrate fans who have been concerned about the future of Rangers ever since Murray announced in 2006 he was planning to sell up. The Ellis Group, operating under the name RFC Holdings, have been studying the books at Rangers for four months.

It's understood they have secured a promise of Middle East funding.

Ellis and Akers believe Gers will make a �£10m profit next year - and further speculate projected sales will be �£55m over the next 12 months.

If the takeover goes ahead boss Walter Smith could be handed a �£10m transfer war chest with Murray being given the role of honorary president.

The statement from RFC Holdings said: "The company confirms that it is in advanced negotiations to acquire a controlling interest in Rangers Football Club.

"However, no price has been agreed and no timing has been established for the conclusion of the talks."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz0qOuXofGi