Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

Why would he sign a left back (Bale) to replace a right back?

No idea. Either the gossip is just BS or Rafa thinks Bale could play on either side. Either way, neither he or Johnson are good replacements for a player of Maicon's pedigree.

I wish we had more ambitious scouting in terms of signing foreign youth. We should have scouts at all the international youth competitions (especially U18's) picking up obvious talent like Miroslav Stoch and Mesut Ozil on the cheap. Stoch signed for the Chelsea academy at the age of 16 and after a successful loan to FC Twente last season he's just been sold to Fenerbahce for about �£4.5m. He's been one of the most talented looking young wingers at the World Cup IMO.

The amount of "chances" we have taken on players for them to turn out disasters is incredible. We can't afford to take chances on players in the financial situation we're in.

This isn't as big a gamble if he is free... We can't exactly lose money on this player, except wages.

As I said before can't see it happening.

However I'm getting worried even with the lack of rumours at the moment.

This isn't as big a gamble if he is free... We can't exactly lose money on this player, except wages.

As I said before can't see it happening.

However I'm getting worried even with the lack of rumours at the moment.

The signing on fee might be pretty steep though.

A list of a few free players at the moment according to Skysport:

Steve Finnan,

Marlon Harewood,

Leon Britton,

Chris Riggott,

Nicky Butt,

Jeremie Aliadiere,

Benjani,

Robert Pires,

Sidney Govou,

Franck Queudrue,

Amdy Faye

Lee Carsley

How good would Bobby Pires be for a season!!!

Sign back Amdy Faye anyone??? :whistle:

Daily Record are running a story today saying Strachan is interested in Thomson and will offer Lee Miller as part of the deal. Of course there's no quotes whatsoever, but the worrying thing is that its one of those stories that keeps coming up.

Daily Record are running a story today saying Strachan is interested in Thomson and will offer Lee Miller as part of the deal. Of course there's no quotes whatsoever, but the worrying thing is that its one of those stories that keeps coming up.

And Walter seems to have a wee thing for Lee Miller so you'd think he'd accept if a bid came in......

:(