Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

ANOTHER loan?

Yup, we have zilch money.

i think it's just we have a wage cap. we can't afford a big/decent transfer fee and big wages. so it's either a transfer fee with average wages or a loan with biggers wages.

what the wage bill must be at some teams down south must be scarey and are they gambling the future of their club as they won't be getting as much money fromTV etc in the future.....

i liked the look of tonge whenever i saw him play for sheff utd and think he would be a good signing......

Rangers offer trial to Norwegian defender

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/187444-rangers-offer-trial-to-norwegian-defender/

Rangers have offered a trial to Moss FK’s teenage defender Krister Wemberg. The player arrived in Glasgow on Sunday night with hopes of winning a deal with the SPL champions.

A statement on Moss’ official website confirmed that the Norway Under-19 stopper was on his way to Scotland with their blessing and both Wemberg and a club official spoke of their hopes that the trial would be a success.

“I will play games for the reserve team and train every day with the A team during a week-long stay in Scotland,” Wemberg told mossfk.no

“My dream is to play for a foreign club, I won’t hide that,” the player added. “I am aware of the opportunity I have been given, even if it is a narrow chance. But in any case it will be a useful lesson and extra motivation for me.”

The club’s executive director, Frode Andresen added: “It's always nice that our players get noticed outside Norway.

“We wish Krister Wemberg luck now that he will now get to show off for a big club in Scotland. He's a player who has aspirations of going as far as possible in footballer and Moss FK understand that.”

Moss head coach Per Morten Haugen said: “This is a great opportunity for Krister.

The fact that Moss FK their players get noticed abroad is of course positive and good for the club. And Glasgow Rangers is a big club in a European context.“

Wemberg, who has made one appearance for Norway’s Under-19 team, made his breakthrough at the Norwegian second tier club in 2009 and was an ever-present last season. He has also played every match in the current Norwegian season and is expected to return to Moss for their next match, against Sarpsborg on Sunday.

The defender has previously been on trial in the UK twice, at Everton in 2008 and at Fulham earlier this year.

Walter Smith and Ally McCoist will now run the rule over Wemberg as he trains at Murray Park this week but the player is not expected to join Rangers on their pre-season tour of Australia.