Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

Daily Record are running a story today saying Strachan is interested in Thomson and will offer Lee Miller as part of the deal. Of course there's no quotes whatsoever, but the worrying thing is that its one of those stories that keeps coming up.

Thomson is out of contract next season so I could see that going through and us making a move for James McArthur

This is all properly depressing. Wattie always tend to get more than you'd expect out of a group of players, and who Celtic sign doesn't interest me, but we're properly short of good players. I think the bottom line is that there are few top players who are going to fit within our wage structure, and no-one at the club is willing to snap up a good bosman and pay 25k a week, despite future sell on money. I think we're going to head into the new season with possibly one miller-level player, and nout else contrary to the noise made at season ticket renewal time :(

�£2.7m for Thomson... although not been at his best they can f off and with that absoulte dud invloved as well.

The sooner we get players to new contracts the better.

We seem to make a habit of pissing about until the last minute when it comes to renewing contracts.

We seem to make a habit of pissing about until the last minute when it comes to renewing contracts.

it doesn't exactly make the players feel wanted and we should tie up players far sooner. it's just bad business..

I also see that we have signed up Jordan McMillan, he has played what 10-15 games. I haven't seen enough of him to really judge but isn't he 21-22? Surely he would be around the first team if new contracts are being offered, very frustrated at the moment.

Walter Smith could make Michael Tonge, the Stoke City winger, his first summer signing.

The Rangers manager has been offered the former England Under-21 player on a season-long loan after Tonge failed to make an impact following his �£2m transfer from Sheffield United two years ago.

Tonge scored both goals as United shocked Liverpool in the League Cup in 2003, but made just 10 appearances in the Barclays Premier League after joining Stoke. The 27-year-old was loaned to Championship clubs Preston North End and Derby County last season.

Herald Sport understands Tonge is excited about the prospect of joining Rangers and, unlike Smith’s attempts to land the Burnley midfielder Chris Eagles, money will not prevent the transfer being completed. As Smith finds it increasingly difficult to bring in the players he wants on the budget he has, he may be ready to gamble on one who has struggled to find his best form in recent seasons.

A Rangers insider said: “The club have been offered his services and it is something Walter Smith is looking at seriously as he needs wide players who can make things happen in the final third.”

Smith is also attempting to sign Brett Holman from AZ Alkmaar. The Dutch club have sanctioned a season-long loan for the 26-year-old attacking midfielder, who scored twice for Australia at the World Cup, and the move will hinge on whether Rangers can match Holman’s wages.