how many backed the english during world cup

Guest cptnairac

Guest cptnairac

As we now know england have now been put out the world cup by the germans . but how may gers fans were supporting england during the tournament ?

Captain Robert Nairac was abducted by PIRA in the car park of the Three Steps Pub in Drumintee, South Armagh. The Grenadier Guards officer was tortured before being shot dead across the border in County Lough. PIRA member Terry McCormick posed as a priest and took the rc soldier's last confession, immediately before shooting him dead. Robert Nairac's body has NEVER been found, PIRA have NEVER revealed the true location.

A strange choice of Username?

To be honest as i live near German border and work with many Germans i don't have any problems with them as a people. They are now just ordinary guy's the same as in most western countries. With me it all boils down to where i watch the most television. I watch mostly Dutch TV, BBC and ITV and over the years have become sick of hearing about 1966. They even rammed a quiz down our throats, They think it is all over, for years.

I would hate to be hearing about how the English won the WC in 2010 for the next 40 years so i am happy they are out. As for football the Germans were far better and deserved to win.

This seems like some sort of pathetic wind-up by C****c supporters trying to justify their dubious RoI leanings by inferring that all Gers fans support England. Only time I supported Eng. was when we had Woods, Butcher and G. Stevens - at least then if they won I didn't feel so bad.

As we now know england have now been put out the world cup by the germans . but how may gers fans were supporting england during the tournament ?

Not as many as Celtic fans that would be supporting ROI if they had qualified...

A Celtic fan I know down here (in England) was pro-English while I was against (just for the football).

However, he does suddenly become anti-English and anti-British during Old Firm games and gets weirdly offended and starts calling Rangers fans bigots when they sing innocuous stuff like GSTQ or Rule Britannia. The Irish anthem and Irish songs however "are different" of course.

Split personality? It's strange as he's normally a very nice, intelligent, reasonable egalitarian but suddenly becomes a biased, illogical, unreasonable man, spouting nonsense rhetoric and then refusing to discuss any rebuttals when it comes to Celtic and Ireland. It's like a switch or some post hypnotic suggestion...

To me, people seem to me to be like that about stuff when they are indoctrinated at a young age. They are instilled with extreme beliefs that become gospel and unquestionable while everything else they learn in life is the result of thought and opinion and so is not set in stone.

So while he lives in England, has a house in England, has an English job, English girlfriend, English friends it's not surprising he wants England to do well. However, click the Glaswegian Catholic switch and he completely changes.

Guest cptnairac

England fans will sing rule britania . no surrender to the i.r.a . carry union flags . sing god save the queen. england players like david beckham visits troops in afghanistan . yet gers fans are totaly ambivilant or hostile to england . really very odd thinking .so maybe all future rfc merchandise should be white and blue only as the red from the st.georges cross connection does not seem to apply with the views of the LOYAL gers fans ?