Boyd agrees Boro move

I wasn't Boyds biggest fan during his time at Rangers, far from it but he's scored a shit load of goals for us and still gets in the neck.

Lafferty fucks about for 2 seasons, scores the odd goal here and there, and gets praised.

:confused:

You're not the only one who is confused.

However, Boyd is gone. Lafferty is still here, so here's hoping he can start proving himself worthy of playing week in week out upfron for us. :rfc:

If Kris Boyd is as big a Rangers fan as he liked to proclaim he was, then the idea of playing under Gordon Strachan and alongside Willo Flood, Barry Robson, and Scott McDonald should be abhorent to him

And Chris Killen.

tbh this forum doesn't appear to be reflecting the views I'm getting elsewhere. Yours is more indicative of how others I've spoken to feel - that for such a dyed in the wool Ranjur, moving to such a tim infested dump is really, really strange and slightly offensive.

This whole clambering to totally justify Boyd joining a pish team full of ex Tims is slightly strange given the dogs abuse Barry Ferguson got for leaving to play for Graeme Souness

you dont like boyd hippo, that is clear. but it matters not a jot where he has gone to continue his career or with whom he plays with, not one bit. hes gone and i wish him all the best.

And others who will defend him likewise.

Now that he's gone, let us all just move on from this.

It's a shame people are forced into having to defend our best goalscorer since McCoist. One of the fastest to get to 50 and 100 goals for us. A player who has helped shoot us to at least 5 trophies in recent seasons.

I agree with being confused, frustrated, annoyed even at his decision to move to Boro, but quite why I should be shot down for defending a very useful player for us over the past few seasons is beyond me. I am sure the more sensible posters would agree with me. It really is quite amazing I am forced into fairly defending one of our key performers of recent times.

You suggest we move on but start off with your initial line throwing in your usual negative two cents about Boyd. :confused:

Boyd much like Weir and Davis in recent seasons should not require much defending when conversing with rival fans, never mind Rangers fans. The fact that I and other fans are required to launch into such staunch defence says so much more about his detractors and so called Rangers fans that it does me. But carry on with bashing a guy who has contributed commendably towards the bears in recent years whilst deifying lesser performers. ;)

Edited by Super_Ally

It's a shame people are forced into having to defend our best goalscorer since McCoist. One of the fastest to get to 50 and 100 goals for us. A player who has helped shoot us to at least 5 trophies in recent seasons.

I agree with being confused, frustrated, annoyed even at his decision to move to Boro, but quite why I should be shot down for defending a very useful player for us over the past few seasons is beyond me. I am sure the more sensible posters would agree with me. It really is quite amazing I am forced into fairly defending one of our key performers of recent times.

You suggest we move on but start off with your initial line throwing in your usual negative two cents about Boyd. :confused:

Boyd much like Weir, Boughie should not require much defending when conversing with rival fans, never mind Rangers fans. The fact that I and other fans are required to launch into such staunch defence says so much more about his detractors and so called Rangers fans that it does me. But carry on with bashing a guy who has contributed commendably towards the bears in recent years whilst deifying lesser performers. ;)

I've praised his goalscoring exploits far more than I've ever been credited with. I just don't rate him in the way his core supporters among our fans do.

You guys will defend him, while others like me will make no apology for not idolising him.

And all I was saying is that you will continue to defend him, while we'll continue not to.

But there's no point in continuing to bitch about it, he's gone and that's it.

I would've accepted him joining even the smallest of Premiership clubs, Blackpool or someone, simply because it was the Premiership but leaving Rangers to join a Championship club is an utter joke

He has joined them simply because their manager is Scottish and they are located as close to Scotland as you can get. His lack of ambition is pathetic imo. Even staying to win another SPL with Rangers would've shown more

FWIW, whilst I can see the financial side of things and the "looking after his family" argument I agree with Hippo and many other fans who are utterly bemused by his final choice of club.

Shocking, shocking career move for Boyd and it does lack ambition.

I just take issue with some of the more underhand attempts to blemish Boyd and his time at Rangers.