Boyd agrees Boro move

You guys will defend him, while others like me will make no apology for not idolising him.

I don't agree that's a fair representation of events on here.

You're not alone in not liking Boyd and like others your views appear to extend further than refusing to idolise him (which no one is asking for). For example being happy he's gone. :confused: I also find it strange that lesser performers who have contributed less to the club are held in higher esteem.

There's also a clear difference/distinction between idolising a player and loving the fact that he scores a lot of goals for your club. Idolising is generally about obsessing, so in a football fan's case that would be about pictures on the wall, name on your shirt etc etc, but not about giving him credit for his undoubted goal scoring prowess in a discussion on a Gers board. There's no need to get all OTT when you start pointing fingers at fellow supporters.

A lot of Rangers fans wanted us to sign Scott McDonald from M'well, so that's worth remembering. TBH, I think Chesney has played a blinder getting the pair of them into his strike force at Boro because they're a stick-on certainty to score goals. I'll be expecting them to get promoted to the EPL if he can make that team gel.

eading through the various threads on various sites it is amazing the bitterness and division's Boyd causes . He's either sugar or shite , for what it's worth IMHO for what we paid he owes us nothing and given our situation over the last few years we were made for each other as we were at each others level .

Now Walter and the rest of his management team will either sink or swim by the decision to allow him to go ,let's not be kidded if walter really wanted him he could have persuaded him to stay , I wish him well and hope he does well.

Lets hope by May next year we aren't even talking about him , we can only hope and pray eh !!!!

Can't really understand the indignation about Boyd's choice of team or league.

Rangers are a financial basket case on a slide to obscurity and playing in a virtual backwater - so from what point of comparison are people ridiculing his decision to join Boro? Amazingly, there seems to be no shortage of posters around who still don't appear to have grasped what's happened at Ibrox these last ten years. Time enough to be criticising other clubs when our own is dragged from its current mess.

And thanks Kris Boyd. Good luck ... you played your part in the Rangers story.

Guest Flying Hippo

Regardless of the money on offer down south, Rangers are clearly a much bigger and more prestigious club than Middlesbrough and no one could logically claim otherwise

Anyone remember Sam Allardyce throwing an absolute strop when Brahim Hemdani rejected Bolton to join us? A load of bile about how Hemdani had shown he had no ambition. These English fools will never change the fact that Rangers are bigger club than 95% of their own

Not sure whether this is official or not as I havent seen it elsewhere.

I think most on here know I wasnt a Boyd fan at all. But all I can say is we will soon hear him say "i should never have left Rangers".

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how he plays for Boro. My money is on him doing nothing! The Championshis is a good but tough league. Strachan has bought Celtics worst 4 players and now Boyd. They will do well if they get into the playoffs next season but i cant see it. Southgate got the sack when they were 2nd in the league.

Must admit I'm a bit surprised by Boyd's choice.

Boro may well get promoted into the EPL and the risk may be vindicated. If not, Boyd could be stuck down there for a couple of years with little chance of improvement if he doesn't score goals.