now for a left midfield :) hopfully some of this gloom will lift.

i still think we have a better starting 11 than celtic imo

Building another team this season, it never works for the first few months, plus how are they going to fit them all in? However I was more worried about our numbers in personal reducing

Wahey, finally something to get optimistic about!!

Been kinda busy over the last few days so been unable to comment fully on the transfer of Thomson to Middlesboro. Firstly, I'm gutted he's going as I really rate him as a player. I think I've mentioned before that he's my kind of player, the kind of player I wanted to be when I was younger but minus the injuries obviously! It's a farce we've sold him for the amount we've paid for him. He's now got CL experience and capped by Scotland. Ideally we should be looking for �£4m but as his contract is up at the end of next season a more realistic value is �£3m. �£2m is an absolute steal for Middlesboro but a joke from a Rangers perspective. Like Boyd, I find this move rather strange, ambition wise by Thomsom, however, each to their own I suppose.

No doubt Edu will feature for us more next season and that doesn't fill me with optimism. I feel he's struggled to fit it and hasn't adjusted to the Scottish style of football. He wants far to much time on the ball and often loses possesion in important parts of the field. That said, he is more of a goal threat than Thomson.

As for Eagles, all I know is that he had a fantastic season with a Championship club (can't remember who) 2 seasons ago and started brightly with Burnley in the EPL last season but faded away. I do think he'll be a successful signing and we've now got a goalscoring threat from midfield and making a few bob in the process from the sale of Thomson.

Something tells me that Walters preferred midfield 4 next season will be Davis on the right, Edu and McCulloch in the middle and Eagles on the left.

i still think we have a better starting 11 than celtic imo

Celtic have lost 5 of the team that started against us in early May...

Boruc

Naylor

N'Guemo

Kamara

Keane

Add in Braafheid and the likelihood of McGeady moving then, once again, they're having to change over half a team this term.

We need players undoubtedly but our first XI hasn't changed as much as theirs.

I have a funny feeling Eagles will start on the left of midfield with Davis on the right and Edu and McCulloch in the middle.

Eagles can play either side which fits Smith's outlook so, depending on our formation, he may well start on the left unless we sign another player.

Tommy Smith continues to interest us apparently.

Like Boyd, I find this move rather strange, ambition wise by Thomsom, however, each to their own I suppose.

I don't think the deal is completed yet, but assuming it goes through, I'd say that like Boyd, you have to consider where Thomson came from as well. Given that they came from Killie & Hibs, Middlesbrough is still a step up for them compared to their old clubs. If Chesney gets it right this season his team are genuine promotion contenders, so Boyd & Thomson could be in pre-season training for an EPL club this time next year.

Eagles can apparently play as a striker as well btw!

Players who can play a number of positions can be appealing however a manager, especially WS, can never be sure of their preferred position for the player.

Hearing Eagles can play on either wing and behind the strikers means that WS will no doubt try him out in all thse positions meaning he'll never be settled in a position.

Finally some good news. Glad my theory that we wouldn't sign anyone is being proved wrong. Left midfield is surely the priority now. Think we need another 1 up front and a central midfielder too. To finance that, it probably means selling Bougherra or Wilson