Rangers bid for Croatian hitman Jelavic

Why has this guy's value jumped so much over the last week or so? Are there now other clubs interested so the price is being bumped up?

his agent will be touting him to get the price up i'm sure and get as much wages for his player as possible.

he has been scoring for his club and now country so that will make it go up also.

he has a sell on clause of 30% i think i've read and rapid are wanting rangers to pay half of that i think.

we should set a max price and date then go elsewhere if they keep playing hardball with us.

If we get Jelavic then I will be very happy but I can only imagine Beattie is a back up plan. Perhaps a bit of bluffing to force an outcome from Vienna.

Let's hope so mate.

But if we can suggest that, then so can the Croatians... ;)

If we get Jelavic then I will be very happy but I can only imagine Beattie is a back up plan. Perhaps a bit of bluffing to force an outcome from Vienna.

We could have surely picked a better name than Beattie.:) I doubt if Rapid will be shaking in their shoes at that news.

Guest Flying Hippo

I'd imagine the general consensus will be one of despair if we don't sign Jelavic but what does anyone really know about him? 3 goals against Celtic in 2 games is impressive but his league record isn't exactly brilliant