Spain outclassed us until the 2nd goal and then they switched off. When it was 2-2 they turned it on big time and showed us how to keep a football. McGregor was the difference between two heavy defeats in the last week.

We got a few half chances in the first half but you'd expect that with an attacking 4-5-1. Granted we played better than in Prague and as Buzz says Levein will have learned his lesson.

The 2 goals were good moves and Miller's ball was brilliant for Naismith who took it well. If Pique never touched the 2nd then Miller would have had a tap in.

I think it was a bit more of ball to hand / arm for the penalty but his arm was still high. Whittaker was also lucky not to get sent off against Czech. I still find him erratic at times.

McManus was at fault for the 3rd.

Fletcher again wasnt at the races.

Miller work very hard.

McGregor was superb again.

Levein has to take the flack for 0 points out of 6. The result in the Czech Rep is the costly one as we were never expected to get anything against Spain. A sprited performance against Spain doesnt hide the fact we were awful against Liechtenstein and the formation against Czech Rep was embarrasing.

Never a penalty, never a red card and while Spain were the better team Scotland were unlucky not to get a point....

Levein walking out that interview was a joke. The question about a striker was extremely relevant and while I'm all for a strong stance against our ever-negative media, he'll just make the job harder for himself by acting like that.

Maybe Levein is embarrassed by his selection on Friday and can't bring himself to handle the questions. He shouldn't have walked away. Tanner is only doing a job. If Levein can't handle the press asking him questions then he's in the wrong job.

Am I the only one who thought it was a penalty, albeit a very soft one? Whittaker had his hands above his head. Everyone knows these days that you can't do that. The only dubious bit is where the ball actually struck him. Real-time it looked like it struck his arm so that's probably why the linesman gave it. From the replays it looked soft but still a penalty. Whittaker definately shouldn't have been sent off but that means he'll miss the game in a years time! :eek:

As for McCulloch, fingers crossed it's not a bad one.

Greegs was unbelievable pulling off some excellent saves. No doubt he'll get blamed off some bitter tims for some of the goals.

0 points from 6 is unacceptable though but the September or October games in 2011 are crucual.

Edited by Gazza_8

Tanner was just trying to get an answer to the questions that the fans have been asking, that's his job and I wish more reporters in Scotland would take that stance. Levein shouldn't have acted like that, its going to do him no good at all, especially after some of his arrogant responses after the Czech game.

I thought it was a penalty. If it had been at the other end we'd have been shouting for it. He seemed to be turning while jumping to block the cross, but had his arms way up for some reason.

I wonder if McGregor's recent performances will tempt an English club to come in for him? Really surprised no-one's been interested in him given his form.

I guess the thing is, we could have won the first game and got at least a point from the Czechs. That's what people are going to be most angry about should we fail to get second, which is looking more unlikely.

As for McManus, who else could come in? With the way some others have played for Scotland, I think Webster is as good a bet as anyone for the CB slot alongside Weir.

I wonder if McGregor's recent performances will tempt an English club to come in for him? Really surprised no-one's been interested in him given his form.

I think that prospect is the reason Alexander recently signed a new contract.

As for McManus, who else could come in? With the way some others have played for Scotland, I think Webster is as good a bet as anyone for the CB slot alongside Weir.

Danny Wilson.

Webster isn't even playing first team football for us so there's no way he'll get picked for the squad nevermind the starting XI for Scotland.

Berra perhaps?

Am I the only one who thought it was a penalty, albeit a very soft one? Whittaker had his hands above his head. Everyone knows these days that you can't do that. The only dubious bit is where the ball actually struck him. Real-time it looked like it struck his arm so that's probably why the linesman gave it. From the replays it looked soft but still a penalty. Whittaker definately shouldn't have been sent off but that means he'll miss the game in a years time! :eek:

Greegs was unbelievable pulling off some excellent saves. No doubt he'll get blamed off some bitter tims for some of the goals.

0 points from 6 is unacceptable though but the September or October games in 2011 are crucual.

I thought it was a soft pen due to him having his arms up, it was ball to arm but when they are high like that it is a pen. Although we've all seen John Terry pulling off saves of the season with no pens given so Refs are not consistant.

McGregor was by far the best player in both games. As I said earlier, he kept both scorelines from being hidings.

As for the next game being 11 months away this is a joke and why i think they should have 4 games in a 2 or 3 week period. But we do have the Celtic Nations Cup next summer which might be quite competitive.