I wonder what magic plans Levein has in store tonight.....3-7-0 formation perhaps?!

If Spain are up for it then it could be a bit of a hiding.

But Scotland seem to perform better at home to the big teams. In the last few campaigns we've done ok at home to Holland (1-0), Germany (1-1), France (1-0) and we're cheated against Italy, but this Spanish side are miles better than any of those teams were at the time.

I cant see anything other than an away win because I see us getting torn apart in midfield.

Just read the team news and there will likely be a lot of changes.

Hutton (our best attacker) is a major doubt.

Caldwell hasnt recovered from his first match in months - not bad news.

Whittaker has a calf knock.

Dorrans has a hamstring problem.

Fletcher has a knock.

Robson suspended.

McCulloch returns which is a boost the way he has been playing. Pity Ferguson didnt come back for this game.

I cant think where to begin what his team will be. Not sure if we have 5 fit midfielders.

Bardsley will come in for Hutton. not sure who will be LB if Whittaker doesnt play....Berra??

But I guess it could look something like this (although far too attacking for Levein).

____________________McGregor________________

Bardsley_______Weir__________McManus______Berra

___________________McCulloch________________

Naismith_____Fletcher________Morrison______Maloney/Dorrans

_____________________Miller____________________

Edited by Gribz

It just shows how good Barry Ferguson is and has been for all of his career,he is still head & shoulders above any of our current midfielders,and yet we still hear how over rated he is especially from fans outwith the OF and from some Rangers fans.Without doubt he is the best homegrown midfielder of his era.

It just shows how good Barry Ferguson is and has been for all of his career,he is still head & shoulders above any of our current midfielders,and yet we still hear how over rated he is especially from fans outwith the OF and from some Rangers fans.Without doubt he is the best homegrown midfielder of his era.

He is better than anything else we could have at the moment but always seemed a better / more team player for Scotland and now Birmingham. I think that was one of his faults in his second spell with us that he was 'Mr Everything" and it ruined him a bit.

Certainly the best in the last 5 - 7 years but the era in the 90s to early 00s produced a host of good midfielders we took for granted. Im thinking Collins, Lambert, Burley, McAllister, Ferguson, McCann...put anyone of them in that squad now and it would add a good bit of quality. Even Don Hutchinson is probably missed from the current squad.

Was really looking forward to the game until the team news posted above. Seriously if Whittaker & Hutton aren't fit we are going to get gubbed. What Bardsley & McManus as full backs, something like that anyway.

Fearing the worst now :(

Hopefully we can get a point, hopefully.

Who is all going ? north stand loyal for me tonight