Neither have I.

I just don't see his job as pandering to the press. Nor do I think that Tanner's question sounds particularly clever, insightful or useful.

Levein, or any manager in fact, should perhaps be held accountable in some way or at least show respect to the fans. That to me, does not mean showing the press any respect. Particularly a collection of our press who appear to show him very little.

And I don't even like Levein all that much to be honest.

You can only earn respect mate

I liked the way Levein said yesterday or the day before that he picks the team he thinks can secure the required result and if it annoys the press so what. Good for him. He'd been saying for days that he no longer wanted to talk about friday's game.

Tanner's question was pointless and adds nothing. Journalism is a piss easy job if that's all you have to do, point out the obvious and often times in hindsight. Where do I sign up to get well paid to watch football and then be a rude cock to managers.

Granted Levein fucked up hard on Friday ( I didn't have to suffer either game as I had to work) but for how long does he have to answer questions about it.

Also gets on my tits the way journos ask the same daft question with slightly different words. Fuck tanner and fuck the rest of the press. Whilst Levein has a lot of faults I like the fact that he doesn't think he owes the press anything.

He's answering the questions that I would like to hear the answer to. He may not owe the press anything but he owes the fans. Why can't we hear his views on the different dimension Miller gave to the team tonight?

He's answering the questions that I would like to hear the answer to. He may not owe the press anything but he owes the fans. Why can't we hear his views on the different dimension Miller gave to the team tonight?

In effect Tanner was saying "Levein you're a dick for not picking Miller on Friday".

I don't think we need to hear any more about that. We all know and agree. And to be fair there's a fair chance the Czech's still would've beaten us. Levein got it wrong. Continuing to hound him about it doesn't achieve anything.

Sorry guys haven't read the thread a little cut shall we say. That was never a penalty would we have been given it if it was in Spain not a fucking chance. Whittaker should not have been sent off imo. This performance was what we should have done against the Czech's

His job may not be one of pandering to the press but you can be sure that one element of his job is enhancing the reputation of Scotland and to deal with PR. Walking away from interviews is NOT the way to do it. UEFA could have something to say about it could they not, same as in CL.