Takeover latest: Ellis & Whyte in Scotland for MIH talks

I understand where you are coming from MF, and I am similarly sceptical about this chancer's involvement, but flip it around and ask why would Whyte agree to a request from Murray to give Ellis a slice. It has already been quoted that Ellis will put up no cash initially, but will eventually get a 25% stake on some sort of pay-up deal with Whyte.

One possible answer may be seen from the Scum's bunnet-takeover in the early 90's where some local chancer (Dempsey) facilitated the takeover, got some nice headlines, a small slice he couldnt pay for, and eventually got punted by the bunnet when his usefulness had been used up. This could be the case here where Ellis has put a lot of work into getting the deal done but with no cash to do it, the real moneyman comes along and uses him as a facilitator to speed things along, and will get rid of him in about a year when he cant make his first payment on the shares.

I think the truth may be that those who control political and planning access to any Ibrox property deal have refused to do business with Murray, despite Murray having severely compromised the club and supporters trying to accommodate them. Whyte isn't a property guy, Ellis is. Whyte is seen as a Rangers man, Ellis isn't. Ellis could therefore fit the bill to lead any property deal negotiations - the council needs a Rangers involvement, Rangers need council compliance, both needs the other but first they have to get out from under the cloud of personal scores. Deals are often about brokers. If that's all bullshit (and it probably is) then I haven't a scooby why either Whyte or Murray would even contemplate Ellis being at the table in a deal he can neither fund nor (apparently) contribute to. You have to assume he meets some need or he wouldn't be there.

I think the truth may be that those who control political and planning access to any Ibrox property deal have refused to do business with Murray, despite Murray having severely compromised the club and supporters trying to accommodate them. Whyte isn't a property guy, Ellis is. Whyte is seen as a Rangers man, Ellis isn't. Ellis could therefore fit the bill to lead any property deal negotiations - the council needs a Rangers involvement, Rangers need council compliance, both needs the other but first they have to get out from under the cloud of personal scores. Deals are often about brokers. If that's all bullshit (and it probably is) then I haven't a scooby why either Whyte or Murray would even contemplate Ellis being at the table in a deal he can neither fund nor (apparently) contribute to. You have to assume he meets some need or he wouldn't be there.

Agree. Rich people don't give away money for nothing. He will fit in somewhere with the revamp of the Ibrox area being the obvious conclusion.

Are they still entertaining this fellow, pay particular attention to the second link, have a look at most recent accounts 2009, and in particular the cross funding (or alleged ) with Tixway,(First notification of strike-off action in London Gazette Section 652) the company with an office in a broom cupboard in Bath street, a veritable cornucopia of your choice.

Strangely the FSA appears to have no register of Liberty Capital, note the name, not PLC nor LTD. As neither a LTD nor PLC company, companies house also has no record of Liberty Capital.

Pritchard Stockbrokers and its inter relationship with Whyte makes for interesting reading, to say the least.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/merchant-house-group ..... http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.merchanthousegroup.com%2Frns%2Ffinal-results-2009&ei=e_z9TM2VF5PmsQOAkcGwCw&usg=AFQjCNFRRhv6-4UznBe13Qu6tKiJa_9Y1A

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.companiesintheuk.co.uk%2Fltd%2Ftixway-uk&ei=vQD-TNTwD4GasAO-9LywCw&usg=AFQjCNHWIb_iUhFChAl3jeM5N7ud-fciHQ

Edited by wabashcannonball

Are Liberty Capital based in the UK?

There is a Dutch Liberty Capital, who appear to have no connection, irrespective of that, to offer financial services in the UK a company or entity singular or plural must be registered with the FSA, that does not appear to be the case here. Also whytes company is reffered to as LTD in media outlets, this also is clearly not the case, if they cannot perform simple diligence, what else have they got wrong.

The guy's background does appear difficult to decipher but he's certainly persuaded enough people that he's genuine so us proles will just have to be patient until the club comment further (which apparently will happen sooner rather than later).

All the signals are that this deal will be going ahead.

The guy's background does appear difficult to decipher but he's certainly persuaded enough people that he's genuine so us proles will just have to be patient until the club comment further (which apparently will happen sooner rather than later).

All the signals are that this deal will be going ahead.

Word I have is that it won't be happening .

I highlighted that there was no Liberty Capital Ltd in the UK 3 weeks ago, even though it's the name used on Whyte's company's website. It's possible that they are based offshore but I couldn't find it in Guernsey, given that there had previously been a Guernsey connection with an attempted purchase of the club. I haven't checked any of the other standard off-shore locations though.