Miller signs for Bursaspor - Undisclosed fee

Most footballers are mercenaries unless they play for the team they support. He isn't a Gers supporter.

You are suggesting that he owes us something because we improved him as a player. Why? In your job, if your current employer helps you improve your skills (as most employers should always be seeking to do) and then someone else comes in with a better offer, would you turn down a large increase in your salary and stay where you are?

If he has improved that much then shouldn't Rangers be ofering him a lot more than they are?

You think that he should come out in the press and slag the club for offering him a reduced contract? Surely it's credit to him for not doing that. Why do you want the club criticised?

Honour? He's a guy trying to do the best for his wife and family. What’s not honourable about that?

No we shouldn't be offering him that much more, he isn't worth much more.

And yes I'd prefer it if he did tell the press the truth, the fans get fuck all truth out of Ibrox so time to hear whats really going onl

The majority of professional footballers are mercenaries who need to learn a thing or two about loyalty.

Particularly in this country.

There's still a lot of honour,loyalty and passion on the continent.

Cristiano Lucarellii and Jose Exteberria at points played for free in their careers out of respect for their clubs.

Most footballers are mercenaries unless they play for the team they support. He isn't a Gers supporter.

You are suggesting that he owes us something because we improved him as a player. Why? In your job, if your current employer helps you improve your skills (as most employers should always be seeking to do) and then someone else comes in with a better offer, would you turn down a large increase in your salary and stay where you are?

If he has improved that much then shouldn't Rangers be ofering him a lot more than they are?

You think that he should come out in the press and slag the club for offering him a reduced contract? Surely it's credit to him for not doing that. Why do you want the club criticised?

Honour? He's a guy trying to do the best for his wife and family. What’s not honourable about that?

BTW - Regarding me being offered a higher salary, if I was as rich as Miller and getting paid as much and was doing well in my job, I would see little reason to move. The only way is down from here. He won't be like Charlie Adam or Barry Ferguson because he lacks their technique to play at a higher level.

BTW - Regarding me being offered a higher salary, if I was as rich as Miller and getting paid as much and was doing well in my job, I would see little reason to move. The only way is down from here. He won't be like Charlie Adam or Barry Ferguson because he lacks their technique to play at a higher level.

So if someone offered to double your salary and you knew that your main money-making days were only going to last another 4-5 years, you wouldn't move?

The majority of professional footballers are mercenaries who need to learn a thing or two about loyalty.

It's a 2 way street. The clubs don't show any loyalty to players, but some fans seem to expect it from some players.

No we shouldn't be offering him that much more, he isn't worth much more.

And yes I'd prefer it if he did tell the press the truth, the fans get fuck all truth out of Ibrox so time to hear whats really going onl

So he's significantly improved but he isn't worth more, and if the rumours are to be believed, he is actually worth less?

The club don't show him any loyalty by only offering him a reduced one year deal but you expect him to blindly accept that? You have a weird and unrealistic way of looking at things and I doubt that you would would practice what you preach.

Easy to say when that offer hasnt been made to you. In reality if it were made to you it would be much harder to turn down.

So he's significantly improved but he isn't worth more, and if the rumours are to be believed, he is actually worth less?

The club don't show him any loyalty by only offering him a reduced one year deal but you expect him to blindly accept that? You have a weird and unrealistic way of looking at things and I doubt that you would would practice what you preach.

He's older which decreases value and the contract he originally got was more than his ability at that point merited.

He's older which decreases value and the contract he originally got was more than his ability at that point merited.

But by the same token Miller can just as easily say "I have performed well since coming to the club, I am easily the club's leading scorer this season, important to the title challenge, and am therefore worth more than the original contract".

The fact he is older makes little difference when he is playing better than when he first signed.