Miller signs for Bursaspor - Undisclosed fee

That's just too simplistic a view. I could've doubled my wages on several occasions, but my employers were good to me in a difficult period so I haven't. Now I want to leave for another reason and they've went infinitely out their way to support me, despite it being at a considerable cost to them. I'd say I'm not unusual. If your work show loyalty to you, you show loyalty to them.

So your situation and Miller's are totally different. your employer has been good to you. Miller's have asked him to take a 30-50% pay cut.

You could double your money right now by being a coke dealer, but you wouldn't do that.

You are really struggling to justify your argument if you are resorting to this kind of comment.

Playing for Rangers for a bit less money is better than playing for Bursaspor. Anyone who chooses anything else is mental for having warped values and deserves no sympathy.

Why is playing for Rangers better?

"A bit less money"? You call 3 to 4 times less a bit less?

So someone who wants to move from Rangers for much more money and looking after his family's future has "warped values"? Sorry, but I don't think that it's Miller who has the warped values in this argument.

So your situation and Miller's are totally different. your employer has been good to you. Miller's have asked him to take a 30-50% pay cut.

I was responding to pete's comment that if someone offered you more money you'd go without stopping to think about it. I was saying this isn't necessarily so, and that other factors can come into account.

You are really struggling to justify your argument if you are resorting to this kind of comment.

I'm not sure you would know, since you've never made an attempt to engage it constructively. Still, I'm just showing the point through exaggerated example that the prospect of more money doesn't necessarily trump all other values. It makes my point perfectly well.

Why is playing for Rangers better?

Because I'm a Rangers supporter.

"A bit less money"? You call 3 to 4 times less a bit less?

If you're already a millionaire, yes.

So someone who wants to move from Rangers for much more money and looking after his family's future has "warped values"?

His family are fine. From my own perspective, playing for Rangers is worth more than an extra few million. Feel free not to agree.

Sorry, but I don't think that it's Miller who has the warped values in this argument.

That's fine.

ETA: Now that he's gone it's irrelevant, and we can thank for his contribution and wish him well despite his insanity in wanting to leave.

Edited by bmck

I was responding to pete's comment that if someone offered you more money you'd go without stopping to think about it. I was saying this isn't necessarily so, and that other factors can come into account.

I agree and I wouldn't necessarily move jobs for more money (I haven't even looked at any new job advert for over 15 years), but I would if I was asked to take a pay cut of 30% with no reduction in the work i had to do, and had the opportunity to quadruple my money elsewhere. I defy anyone to say that they would stay in their job under such circumstances.

Because I'm a Rangers supporter.

Do you still not have a season ticket? Would the job that you were offered that doubled your money not have given you the chance to make more games? Did you put other issues before supporting your club? Is that not a bit hypocritical?

If you're already a millionaire, yes.

His family are fine. From my own perspective, playing for Rangers is worth more than an extra few million. Feel free not to agree.

It's very easy to say that. I'd sacrifice playing for Rangers if it meant being able to leave my kids an extra �£1m. It's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

I agree and I wouldn't necessarily move jobs for more money (I haven't even looked at any new job advert for over 15 years), but I would if I was asked to take a pay cut of 30% with no reduction in the work i had to do, and had the opportunity to quadruple my money elsewhere. I defy anyone to say that they would stay in their job under such circumstances.

I wouldn't in other circumstances but would if I was a millionaire and it was Rangers. Nonetheless, I've never said that KM's not acting rationally or in the interests of his family or that these aren't good motivators of decision, just that I don't share his interests and am not going to share in his motives. KM's played well for us, so it's better for me if he values playing for Rangers more than making extra money. He's seeing things in terms of his interests and I'm seeing things in terms of mine.

Do you still not have a season ticket? Would the job that you were offered that doubled your money not have given you the chance to make more games? Did you put other issues before supporting your club? Is that not a bit hypocritical?

I one hundred percent have put other values above supporting the club. It's more than a bit hypocritical from that (ie: KM's and your) perspective, but we're all hypocritical all the time, depending on how we choose to look at things. It's not hypocritical, from my own perspective, if I would turn down a few extra million, when already a comfortable millionaire, to continue to play for Rangers. Hypocricy depends on how you've already decided to frame the question. The point, or at least my point, is whether we should be trying to see this from KM's perspective or our (my) own. It would be better for us if he stayed, therefore he should stay. You've talked about being objective, but no doubt Mrs Dell has chastised you for moping about after an important loss, saying "It's only a game of football" which is about objective as it gets. That players of KM's standard should be honoured to play for Rangers and jump at the chance I just take as basic, and whille I'm hardly going to hold it against him (you'd have to hold a grudge against everyone who left) this is the best way to look at it. It's better to demand more, and only get it sometimes, than to demand less, and get it all the time.

It's very easy to say that. I'd sacrifice playing for Rangers if it meant being able to leave my kids an extra �£1m. It's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

We're just concerned differently, then. Which is obviously fine - we all naturally see things from our own perspective. You are fully entitled to your opinion, as wrong as it is :)

Edited by bmck

I find that a strange motivation and morally nowhere near a no-brainer. Leaving kids millions of pounds has incredibly complex philosophical and ethical implications.

There is far more to life than money - and easy money, especially before you have even lived, can be something that deny you many life experiences and if anecdotal evidence is anything to go by, it can easily turn you into a lesser, baser, more self centred and non-empathetic personality. I'm not even sure large inheritances are morally justifiable at all.

The pursuit of money above all things may be the most prevalent religion these days but that does not make it right or just and it is a deadly sin in at least one other religion.

It certainly makes for a crass society full of unlikeable and very annoying people who abuse those less fortunate than themselves.

On the topic of Miller, I find the taking care of your family by demanding more money from hard working people so you can earn twice as much in a year as they do in a lifetime, a very laughable excuse, and not remotely applicable to anyone who is getting by on a more average range of wage. Perhaps we should do a whip-round for all the poor, little, rich kids...

No footballer is worth what Miller is getting, is an incredibly false market and football is turning into to little more than a pyramid scam. The guy can legally do what he likes but he and his children will get little sympathy for me or many others for what level of Porsche or designer furniture and clothes they'll get to buy.

I guess we've seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiovIZUQpmo

On arriving in Turkey he's pretty much forgotten he ever played for anyone else. He did us a great turn in the SPL, was shite in Europe, and is now as good as gone. With the attitude he seems to have, which is very mercenary to say the least, I'm not sure I'd want him back at Ibrox now.