Miller signs for Bursaspor - Undisclosed fee

At the end of the day most of us didn't even want Kenny Miller back at Rangers when we heard rumours that Walter was going to sign him.

I myself was one of many Rangers fans that thought he was an absolutely brutal footballer and couldn't score in a brothel. He had a poor touch, made poor decisions and constantly missed great goal scoring chances. Walter didn't see it that way though and went against the wishes of the fans when signing him. Miller himself didn't see it that way either and came back to Ibrox with his head held high and a point to prove.

Looking at his time here over the past couple of seasons, he's proven his point, proved many of us wrong by playing some of the best football of his career and helped us secure a number of trophies including 2 SPL titles and an amazing 9-man cup final victory. He's earned his money and been one of Walter Smith's best signings.

If Kenny Miller manages to stay in Turkey for the duration of his 2 and a half year contract, he's likely to earn a retirement fund in the order of five to six million pounds and there's no way that very many people would turn down that opportunity. Many people in this fucked up world would commit murder for far less. People would cut off a limb for far less, so who are we to question Miller's motivations? Who are we to start calling him every name under the sun for turning his back on us when we didn't even want him back here in the first place???

Guest BillyMac

I was one of the many telling Walter would he could do with miller i cheered his goals when he scored for us but I will not lose any sleep now that he has gone or looks like he is gone, to me he was just like a headless chicken run all day and there where a lot of games that he was just anonymous, we got the goals from him there is no doubt he can finish instinctively but give him time to think and the corner flag is in as much danger as the goal would be

Thurs 20 Jan 2011

Ally Understands Kenny Move

ALLY McCOIST says he understands why Kenny Miller has chosen to pursue a new career in Turkey after Rangers confirmed tonight that they have agreed a fee in principle with Bursaspor for the striker.

Miller flew to Turkey this morning to tie up personal terms and will have a medical tomorrow having already been allocated the No18 shirt.

Rangers completed an agreement in principle with Bursaspor today but are awaiting paperwork before the transfer will be completed.

Miller scored 56 goals in 108 Rangers appearances and was undoubtedly a key player in the last two successful SPL campaigns and also won the Scottish Cup in 2009, adding the League Cup last season when his header beat St Mirren in an epic final.

McCoist told Blues News: "He made a wonderful contribution for the period that he was here. Kenny has been great for the club and equally the club has been great for Kenny. It's been a good partnership.

"If the deal does go through then he will go with our blessing and our thanks. Having said, that we are disappointed to see him go because he has been an integral part of the team over the past two and a half seasons.

"You can understand why he has made the decision has. All he was doing was exercising his right to look around, like any other player who is coming to the end of his contract."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110120/ally-understands-kenny-move_2254024_2272003

We couldn't give him what he wanted and that's just the way things are at our club, severe financial restrictions and choose to go abroad and get funny money, fuck I'd have been the same, but I wish him well and thanks kenny:)

Never thought i would say this about a footballer, but i hope this moves fails and he has a nightmare out there.

Yes we have no money for him but the way he has acted today is shocking and i hope him all the worst, a prime example of the modern day scum footballers.

Never ler him back in Ibrox again Rangers.