Miller signs for Bursaspor - Undisclosed fee

Bye bye :spl:

Whilst I understand that the club want to maximise the return on any player who is currently free to talk to anyone else I find it appalling mis-management that we havent been tying players up on contracts well in advance of their current contracts expiring.

In Boyd and Miller we will have lost probably in the region of 7 million in transfer fees simply because we wouldnt offer them reasonable contracts to re-sign. Short-termism at best - we could have offered Miller a decent enough increase on his wage and still sold him on. Whilst I understand that he could simply stay put it would be a smaller risk than watching a guy leave for next to nothing when we could have probably sold him for 3 million had his contract have been renewed.

I know that we replaced Boyd's goals with Miller's and that no team is made up of one player - but who do we now see that will fill Miller's scoring boots ? Jelavic isnt ready to return and we have no guarantees of his production and whilst Naismith has been by far our best player I am also far from convinced in his finishing prowess - he runs hot and cold.

You really do have to despair at our club and its poor management. Murray has MUCH to answer for, as does Bain, AJ and anyone else (possibly including the bank) who supposedly "manages" the club's finances.

This quite possibly could be the death knell to our title challenge - we will miss his goals (if he leaves) and Celtic have had a boost in that they just beat us and now we look like losing the leagues leading scorer too.

Last one out shut off the lights :(

Bye bye :spl:

Whilst I understand that the club want to maximise the return on any player who is currently free to talk to anyone else I find it appalling mis-management that we havent been tying players up on contracts well in advance of their current contracts expiring.

In Boyd and Miller we will have lost probably in the region of 7 million in transfer fees simply because we wouldnt offer them reasonable contracts to re-sign. Short-termism at best - we could have offered Miller a decent enough increase on his wage and still sold him on. Whilst I understand that he could simply stay put it would be a smaller risk than watching a guy leave for next to nothing when we could have probably sold him for 3 million had his contract have been renewed.

I know that we replaced Boyd's goals with Miller's and that no team is made up of one player - but who do we now see that will fill Miller's scoring boots ? Jelavic isnt ready to return and we have no guarantees of his production and whilst Naismith has been by far our best player I am also far from convinced in his finishing prowess - he runs hot and cold.

You really do have to despair at our club and its poor management. Murray has MUCH to answer for, as does Bain, AJ and anyone else (possibly including the bank) who supposedly "manages" the club's finances.

This quite possibly could be the death knell to our title challenge - we will miss his goals (if he leaves) and Celtic have had a boost in that they just beat us and now we look like losing the leagues leading scorer too.

Last one out shut off the lights :(

I agree with the contract situation but certain players who have been bought have also costed us and being unable to offer new contract. 3 players stick out for me Velicka, Webster and Beattie (He must be on a reasonable wage as well). If these 3 weren't bought to the club Boyd and Miller would still be here in my opinion well we would have met their demands and it would have been up to them if they stayed or not. Its over �£2.5m plus wages on these players and they have played no more than 15 league games for us combined very poor business.

He should just go. He obviously doesn't want to stay so why should we not cash in on him? Yes, he might reject Brum offer but I hope he accepts. He's a wee money chasing chunt and although he's played well the last season and a half we shouldn't try and keep a player who would rather chase the pennies somewhere else.

We brought him back and welcomed him (some fans did anyway) after playing for Celtic and he knocks back our contract offer from us because he wants more money? How about you realise how good you've got it at Rangers and show some loyalty.

I can see why he feels he deserves more money but fuck me, he's on what, �£15k a week? The majority of people in this country would love to earn that for doing kicking a ball about.

Enjoy the relegtion battle Kenny.

go and fight relegation for the rest of your career or try and win a league medal and play in europe and then go and do the former after 6 months? i know which id pick.

He's still in with a realistic shout of winning the Golden Boot as well !!!!