Make Your Mind Up Please Kenny - The Clock is Ticking

It's now a full 6 days since we heard officially from the club that a bid for Kenny Miller from Birmingham City had been accepted and yet apparently nobody knows what is happening and whether we're going to lose Miller in this transfer window or not.

Our manager doesn't know what's going on and neither does our manager-in-waiting Ally McCoist. All they're letting on is that they know the same as we do: That a bid has been accepted and that Kenny Miller has spoken to Birmingham and has appaently also spoken to Italian Serie A side Fiorentina regarding a possible move to Italy.

I can understand that this is a tough decision for our top scorer since despite his excellent scoring form for us this season, he's no spring chicken. He needs to decide where he wants to play his football based on the fact that this might be his last lucrative contract as a professional footballer.

The biggest danger for our club is that Miller refuses to accept the offer on the table from Birmingham in favour of a Bosman deal and potentially more lucrative move for himself personally. If he chooses that path it puts our manager in an awkward situation team selection wise for the rest of the season and Walter has expressed his concerns about that.

Given that Miller has been scoring so many goals this season the ideal situation would have been for us to secure him on a new contract and potentially sell him for a good fee in the summer, but unfortunately that seems certain not to happen now with the player refusing to sign the contract on offer from our club.

As the clock ticks and the days go by, the manager, other people at the club and most Rangers fans will no doubt be feeling like myself and want Kenny to make his mind up as soon as possible because as this continues to drag out it becomes more and more disrespectful.

Walter Smith gave Kenny Miller a fantastic opportunity when giving him the chance to return to Rangers and it's been an opportunity which has rejuvinated the striker's career. He's been well treated, well paid and has had the chance in a couple of years to win more silverware than many footballers win in their whole career.

The club and our manager need to know what's happening Kenny, so it's time to make your mind up!

Edited by Zappa

With Jelavic, a far superior player, back we don't need him. Play Naismith and Jelavic in attack, the only issue being we would lose Naismith's creativity from midfield. I'd like to see Jelavic through the middle with Naismith and Weiss supporting, I'll sing for that though

With Jelavic, a far superior player, back we don't need him. Play Naismith and Jelavic in attack, the only issue being we would lose Naismith's creativity from midfield. I'd like to see Jelavic through the middle with Naismith and Weiss supporting, I'll sing for that though

Not sure if I agree that we don't need Miller. We've got a shit load of games between now and the end of the season and losing a striker who also happens to be on great scoring form is far from ideal. I don't think Beattie can cut it, so counting him out we're left with Jelavic and Lafferty as our main strikers with the option of playing Naismith, Weiss or Fleck to support either of them. I also don't think we'll go to the end of the season without more injury problems, so that could end up being a worry. Obviously we can cope without Miller's goals just as we've coped without Boyd's, but we'll be needing Jelavic, Lafferty and Naismith to stay free of injury to remain comfortable because if a couple of them end up injured at the same time, we'll be down to bare bones.

I would rather have him leave now for a fee than hang about like a bad smell not wanting to play and get injured.

We seen last season how the uncertainty had a visible effect on Boyd, who was at least a Rangers fan, but that mercenary chunt will not shake a leg between now and May if he signs a pre-contract. Also take into account that he has always been a form player, and his form has seriously dipped in the last couple of months, and although his goals total is impressive, there is absolutely no guarantee that he could continue to take the many chances that we create in the run-in.

RANGERS TO CASH IN ON JACKPOT CUP TIE WITH BID FOR GOODWILLIE

RANGER are ready to use a surprise �£1m Scottish cup windfall to finance an increased bid for Dundee Utd's David Goodwillie.

The move which will also depend on Kenny Miller leaving Ibrox this month for either Fiorentina or Birmingham has been sanctioned by manager Walter Smith and the Bank.

Ibrox coffers will be boosted following Tuesday's cup draw which paired Rangers with Old Firm rivals Celtic in the last 16 of the competition and which is likely to generate over �£1m in gate money and Sky TV revenue .

The jackpot pay day has not been budgeted for and added to any fee the club will get from Miller's exit during the transfer window Rangers are planning to use some of the extra cash to increase their offer for the �£1.5m rated international striker.

Free-scoring twenty one year old Goodwillie has been in Rangers sights now for months but they have been unable to make any official offer as talks between the club and Miller continue over his actual exit date.

Celtic meanwhile are also in line for an unexpected cash bonanza as they will bank around �£750,000 from their share of the gate and TV payments which could help bankroll their swoop for Norwegian striker Erik Huseklepp.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/222859/Rangers-to-cash-in-on-jackpot-cup-tie-with-bid-for-Goodwillie/Rangers-to-cash-in-on-jackpot-cup-tie-with-bid-for-GoodwillieRangers-to-cash-in-on-jackpot-cup-tie-with-bid-for-Goodwillie#ixzz1AuYcFmYW