Make Your Mind Up Please Kenny - The Clock is Ticking

Don't know too much about Goodwillie and can only hope from what I read here and other forums that he's as good as made out. However, I'd much rather see the money spent on a defender. I was all for beefing up the midfield but seeing Ness hold his own and show signs that he'll a big player for us has changed my mind.

New CB, please!

I'm not overly fussy about Goodwillie either to be honest. Sure he looks a decent player and has potential but he's another idiot off the park and will have a lot to do to become first choice at Rangers.

Perhaps another area of the team should be given the cash to strengthen. Not sure about defence but I would like a right-sided midfielder.

That's the thing just now Frankie , there is possibly no single player who would be classed as untouchable in this present squad , if you did a fans poll I am sure that just about every player would be up for sale if the money was available to strengthen the team .

Macgregor - Alexander is a good back up

Bougherra - poor season so far IMHO , could be replaced

Weir - last season

Whittaker - good utility player but doesn't hold down any one position -not his fault though more down to squad requirements/lack of depth

Papac - solid and reliable but getting on a bit

Davis - not as good as last season , no solid partner beside him to build on , keeps getting shifted about

McCulloch - dependable , nothing showy

Edu - good prospect , slightly injury prone

Lafferty - depends which one turns up to be honest

Naismith -best of this season and possibly the only one I wouldnt want sold

Jelavic - too early to say .good start to the season

Miller - well he,s offski

Weiss - bit lightweight and he,s away at the end of the season

Broadfoot - dependable but injury prone

Webster - waste of a salary IMHO

Beattie - who knows , injury prone

All the kids - really to early to say , need to give them time

And that's that unless I have forgotten somebody , it's a sign of how well we have done and how badly septic are that we are potentially 4 points clear , we have the basis of a good solid team who work hard for each other without being overly flashy , they have I would submit actually over achieved this season Europe wise but as I was trying to make the point if any of them were sold and the money reinvested I dont think there would be too many complaints

Edited by rbr

I don't understand what the hold up is. As for Goodwillie, I think at any other time he'd be the sort of sensible & pragmatic signing (in terms of cost, age, potential etc) that we should be making to shore up the squad. However, if we do have money, I think we have other areas that we need to strengthen first tbh.

Was really expecting this to be concluded today and reports down south are saying that Birmingham were hopeful to get an answer today. Each day that passes is one less day for us to secure another player before the window closes.

DURRANT hasn't ruled out keeping Miller at Gers for rest of the season

More...

You couldn't make it up! Absolutely incredible. Why accept the bid then? Has the bid been accepted behind Walter's back and they've told Kenny at training to take his time with the decision and drag it out??