UPDATE: Murray agrees to sell to Whyte

It think it would mean that we could negotiate a lesser payment to the bank and other creditors - say 30p in the pound, but then our credit rating would be damaged for something like five years.

However to maximise how much we pay our creditors we'd have to sell assets like property and players and downsize our wage bill and compete as a going concern at a lower level. We'd have to make sure we don't make losses for the foreseeable future as we'd have no credit roll.

Other measures could be to sell Ibrox and Murray Park and lease them back.

The problem is that our team would end up being like just another SPL squad with a cheap manager as lack of success would send our ticket sales through the floor creating a vicious circle of cuts.

The damage could take us a long time to recover.

However, the administrators would be looking for a buyer who could pick up the club on the cheap, paying off the debts at a fraction of the total which could allow the likes of King to take control at a bargain price.

With the size of the Rangers support, a new owner could do a McCann and underwrite a share issue to raise money from the fans which I'm sure would be successful if it meant the survival of the club.

That's my uneducated, layman's view.

It think it would mean that we could negotiate a lesser payment to the bank and other creditors - say 30p in the pound, but then our credit rating would be damaged for something like five years.

However to maximise how much we pay our creditors we'd have to sell assets like property and players and downsize our wage bill and compete as a going concern at a lower level. We'd have to make sure we don't make losses for the foreseeable future as we'd have no credit roll.

Other measures could be to sell Ibrox and Murray Park and lease them back.

The problem is that our team would end up being like just another SPL squad with a cheap manager as lack of success would send our ticket sales through the floor creating a vicious circle of cuts.

The damage could take us a long time to recover.

However, the administrators would be looking for a buyer who could pick up the club on the cheap, paying off the debts at a fraction of the total which could allow the likes of King to take control at a bargain price.

With the size of the Rangers support, a new owner could do a McCann and underwrite a share issue to raise money from the fans which I'm sure would be successful if it meant the survival of the club.

That's my uneducated, layman's view.

Not so uneducated, you could be reading someone's script there.:thup:

The ultimate nightmare for me would be seeing Ibrox sold off. Points deductions, relegation, ridicule would all be preferable to losing our home.

I Agree 1 million percent.

Apparently deal is done for a total of around �£50million including the purported �£5million per annum player investment.

As ever caution is to be expressed at this news and until we hear from Whyte but this looks like a new era bears!